Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,506 Posts
01001010 said:
Anyone running a T-Max winch...are they reliable?
JC, I haven't seen them here in the US (yet) but they are popular in other countries.

You never know with winches, just this morning I was reading (on another group) some guy trashing Warn winches.... how it died on him and what a POS it is and blah blah blah...

All I can tell you is that I had a $299 Chicago Electric on my RR for a few years and it worked great. It was an 8000lb winch and never let me down. My partner had a $399 Mile Marker 8000lb winch on his Rangie and never had a problem. One day, while wheelin' in NJ (Ringwood) during the winter he pulled 5 LRs up a hill (one at a time, obviously) w.o any overheating or problems. Now these two winches I mentioned are slow, half the speed of a Warn, but they worked fine.

I purchased a Warn M12000 but could not fit it on my bumper so I switched over to a Warn 9500 XP. So far I haven't had any problems.

Let me just clarify something, I haven't seen them in action "yet".... I know they started to show up on eBay and other sites ...

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
John C said:
You never know with winches, just this morning I was reading (on another group) some guy trashing Warn winches.... how it died on him and what a POS it is and blah blah blah...
That's just retarded. Warn winches are probably in use on more vehicles than any other in the world,,or at least tied for 1st,,,

Any piece of mechanical equipment can fail. Carry a hi-lift w/ appropriate recovery gear at all times & you'll never be stuck. :drink1:

· Banned
907 Posts
T-Max? Eeeeeeekkkkk! Get a Mile Marker, for the money.

I like the Warn 8475* Spur gear winch, myself...Although, I have seen a Warn smoke it's self the first time out....

Superwinch Husky is awesome, but slooooowwwww.

Ramsey=crap. Even the new ones, sorry.

Superwinch X series is pretty good.

Milemarker's are slooowwwww, but seem to work with cheap parts.

Cummings winches', suck...

Chicago elec winches', suck (close to a milemarker, but cheaper. They tend to get stuck "winching in", and burn-up when the hook hits the fairlead)

Milemarker Hydro winches are ok, but have limitations.

Spur gear baby! The only way to go...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.