Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucas strikes again... I was reading the Bosch alternator upgrade web site again, and it mentioned that the tach will read the same as if the Lucas unit was still in there. I have recently taken the alternator out to change out a bad PS hose. Well recently my tach has gone dead. I assumed that it was probably a corroded connector in the back of the cluster, but now i am not so sure. I don't have any dash lights (Illumination lights) or cabin lights, so i asssumed that it may also have somthing to do with that.. Either way if my charging system is going id like to do some PM to fix it rather then get stranded. I was quoted $160.00 for a rebuilt lucas unit, but was thinking that maybe i might try the bosch instead. The bearings in my Lucas are noisy and it looks to be the original one 93 LWB with 150k, so its probably running on borrowed time.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I replaced the alt on my 88 RR with a rebuilt Bosch (paid $250 2 years ago). Within a few months it went bad so I brought it back to the shop I bought it from and since it was still under warranty they replaced it with another rebuilt Bosch. Over a year now and have had no problems. Just my experience.

Good luck.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts