Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2001 Rover keeps blowing both bulbs in my left tail light. Any suggestions.. other than the obvious? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Have you removed and cleaned the bulb socket?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did that the first time. That's SOP for an occurrence of this type. Went to a higher wattage bulb and it seems to be working, at the moment anyways.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The higher wattage bulbs should not make a difference, but they will last longer and can be seen a lot better.

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
Volts, amps and watts are all in relation to each other. Higher wattage at same voltage equals higher amperage.
Not saying that's your problem..... Just saying
If voltage is a constant and you put in a brighter bulb ( higher wattage ) you will increase the amp load of the circuit

·
Registered
378 Posts
When the higher wattage bulb blows put in an even higher wattage bulb. Then when the fuse blows put in a higher amp fuse. Eventually the smoke will come out somewhere else and you will find the root of your problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
'04 Discovery 2
105 Posts
Check the license plate lamp wiring harness. You'll have to completely dis-assemble rear door panel to access and remove. As well as rear power lock assembly to gain access to housing where license plate lamp housings reside. Start there...I'd make a very confident bet that is where the short is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just a thought, behind left side tail is also the birthplace of trailer wiring harness. I have encountered a pretty nasty PO ghetto connection, that caused me some similar problems.
if all else fails, you might have a look there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts