Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Danny
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Noob here ...

I own an LR3 (2009). Recently, my tailgate door will sound like if it was unlocking properly but just won't (I can't open it).

I read here somewhere that this is probable the metal wire that pulls the hook out that's broken and, apparently, this is a dogs breakfast to manually fix and a bank buster to have fixed by LR (someone mentionned 600-900$ !)

I was wondering if anyone had a solution for this or, if not, any good mechanics in the West Island of Montréal to recommend me to ?

Thanks
Danny

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

Noob here ...

I own an LR3 (2009). Recently, my tailgate door will sound like if it was unlocking properly but just won't (I can't open it).

I read here somewhere that this is probable the metal wire that pulls the hook out that's broken and, apparently, this is a dogs breakfast to manually fix and a bank buster to have fixed by LR (someone mentionned 600-900$ !)

I was wondering if anyone had a solution for this or, if not, any good mechanics in the West Island of Montréal to recommend me to ?

Thanks
Danny
Check this out, might give you an idea of what's going on...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you figure it out? I'm having the exact same issue, I just can't for the life of me peel back the carpet underneath the plastic trim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This happened to me a couple of years back. A brittle cast aluminum(?) part seems designed to break after a few years. I actually fixed this with a dremel and some strong wire rather than replace the broken part and it seems to be a more permanent fix. I think I have some pictures I took at home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts