Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Wish I could help you, I am 5'9" and I have my seat all the way back! I wish mine would go even further!

· Registered
24 Posts
Sorry... I am 6'2" as well....

I fit better in the 2004 than the 2000....

They both are awful with regards to leg room

· Registered
1,744 Posts
I did read somewhere where this conversion had been done quite easily, with a manually operated seat. I'm not sure if it will work with an electric seat. Anyway, the manual seat goes back 5 clicks, and forwards 13 clicks. What you need to do is just remove the seat and turn the rails around, reinstall seat.

· rovering??
672 Posts
i did this on another car for a friend.
u pull out the seat and reset the track about 2 to 3 inches back.. u may need to drill hole or 2 but it is doable. on a difficulty scale of 1 to 10 i would rate this at 3

· Registered
10 Posts
I am 6' 5" and absolutely fit and sit well in a 98 Discovery I.

I could not enter or exit military jeeps (old) or the military hummer with combat boots on. I do have some getting out issues with the DI when I where hiking boots, just like the hummer. Loafers -Okay.

But sitting. - just fine...:drive:

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
millburn said:
I'm 6'2" with long legs and I need more room in my '04 Disco. Any suggestions to get more leg room?
Cheap solution: go to 'The Better Back Store' (or local equivilant) and by a lumbar support for your lower back. I found the Disco seats had poor lumbar support so I went shopping & found a lumbar support made out of that tempur-pedic stuff. Made my back feel MUCH better,,, and prevents you from slouching into the seat (which extends your legs farther than they would normally go) which effectively gives you more leg-room (not to mention better posture). Only drawback in winter is that they tend to stiffen up in the cold,,, but they warm up soon & become more flexible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.