Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know how to remove the fuel filter on a 2002 freelander TD4, it appears to be seriously hidden behind the engine management system & I would like to know if this has to be removed first and how to go about it. Also, if anyone knows where I can get a workshop manual that covers this year/model engine I would be grateful. The landrover manual does not cover the TD4 engine and I can't find a Haynes manual which does either....

· Registered
110 Posts
This is a summary of the Haynes Manual

The filter is on the left hand side of the engine compartment bulkhead.

Unscrew the filter housing and lift the housing - tilting away from the bracket. Disconnent the wiring multiplug

Put rags under the filter. Note locations of fuel hoses etc. Depress retaining clips and disconnect hoses.

Lift filter and filter head from bracket then unscrew the filter.

To install new filter - lubricate the sealing ring with engine oil and fill the filter with diesel. Screw in the filter to the filter head until just tight - hand turn a further 180 degrees.

Refit to the housing

Reconnect hoses as electrical connector - tighten

Apparently nothing else is required eg no pumps or primer or bleeding etc.

· Registered
7 Posts
fuel filter on 03 td4

I've been sold a fuel filter from landrover but can not find it location on the car
Its a long cylinder shape with a pipe connection at both ends.

Can any one help.

May be I've got the wrong filter
thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.