Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out with the racer today to take some promo shots for our major sponsor (Mountain Dew - new to the Middle East Market, although I am sure many of the North American members will know it well)

The new paint job certainly stands out

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
so glad you're part of this forum

that truck looks awesome, gordon. i take it team saluki (as in the dog?) races several types of vehicles. didn't they run some other rig in the paris-dubai?

gotta tell ya, i'm sure glad you're doing what you do over there because then we get to live vicariously through you. thanks and keep the info/pics coming. :clap:

mtn dew is my favorite beverage other than beer... :beer:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The driver is Mark Powell, navigator Tim Ansell, I just take the pics.

We have a volunteer maintenance crew lead by another Land Rover nutter called Streaky (who has a DI disco and 130 Crew Cab).

Our main event is Desert Challenge with a 7th place in 2004 and 5th place in 2002, not bad for a bunch of guys previouly described as Buccaneers in a Bread Van.

We have taken on the might of Mitsubishi, VW and other works teams with more $ than we can dream of and shown them a thing or two

Check out our website www.teamsaluki.com

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Great Pic...........love the dew!!!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OkieRover said:
Is it for sale?????
Actually Mark might part with it for the right price as he is desperate to get a Bowler.

The motor is a 4.8L specially tuned to give an unrestricted 325hp, unfortunately for Desert Challenge we have to run with restrictors limiting it to 285hp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.