Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Land Rover Fans,
I am living in Switzerland, and thinking of buying a Defender here. The question I have is this. The Defender has a bad reputation for needing repairs (in this country) compared to the Nissan Patrol or Toyota Land Cruiser. Can anyone commen on this?
Tim.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Defenfer Problems???

tim socha said:
Dear Land Rover Fans,
I am living in Switzerland, and thinking of buying a Defender here. The question I have is this. The Defender has a bad reputation for needing repairs (in this country) compared to the Nissan Patrol or Toyota Land Cruiser. Can anyone commen on this?
Tim.
Tim,
What sort of problems or repairs are you hearing about that concerns you. I believe of all the Rovers out there, the Defender has the least amount of trouble.
Mike J.

·
Registered
16 Posts
tim socha said:
Dear Land Rover Fans,
Tim.
I think that for on-road use it is going to be hard to beat the dependability of the Toyota or Nissan. The Defender is a very different vehicle though, in terms of ruggedness and true off-road ability.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would agree, you need to clearly have in mind why you are buying the vehicle. To just get around town and to and from work, it is hard to beat the dependability and economy of a Toyota or Nissan. For a durable off road vehicle the Land Rover is the best bet. In all honesty (and I love my Rover), the Toyota or Nissan is going to be a better all around vehicle when you look at everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts