Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '96 Range Rover and my problem is that the Car does not over heat but the Temperature Guage is always reading high. I have flushed the radiator and the problem is still there. What can I do next ?

· Registered
127 Posts
Sensor fault???

Hi Jades007,
My guess would be a faulty water temp sensor. The sensor has a "resistor" inside that increases resistance as the water temp gets hotter. As the resistance gets higher the display shows higher temp. When these sensors break down they have a higher resistance at a lower water temp which shows a inaccurate display.
Firstly check your sensor connections (clean them up, it could just be a dirty or loose connection).
Then if you have a meter check the body of the sensor is making a good ground loop to your battery negative.
Then check the terminal connection on the sensor is showing 12-14volts. (with ignition on).
If both of these are good then its a good chance that your sensor is hooped!
I have seen new RR water temp sensors go for as low as $10 on eBay, but be sure its for the right year & model before bidding...
good luck,
Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.