Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the ol' girl. 1996 D1 SE7 with 2 inch OME lift (springs & shocks), 265/75/16 MT's with a little bit of trimming, no front bumper for better clearance. These pics were taken during the June 25, 2005 trail run on the Peligreen J##p trail. Trail is rated moderate but some parts we ran backwards over and over to play on.
Enjoy!

Oh yeah, some of my pics were too large to post so I added some of Will Sheldon on the trail in his 1996 D1. He has a badass $G suspension. Freakin' incredible, the things he could do with that suspension! I know $G is kind of expensive but from what I have seen, it is well worth the money spent.

·
4,576 Posts
SWEET!...WOW, you went ahead and removed the whole bumper!..dang!...Mega entry angle! :buttrock: are thouse BF MTs you have? I'm interested in getting some with the "Wolf" rims your buddy has. Nice lookin pics.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GriffSC - The Peligreen is out of Red Bluff, California in Tehama County. A lot of nice trails out there. The NorCal club is running Blue Lakes July 23, 2005. Blue Lakes is between Hwy 88 and Hwy 4.

JC - I am running a generic version of the Dunlop MudRovers. They were a gift for me for taking care of some family business. I have heard they wear quickly but they are only 109 bucks each to replace, so I am not too worried about that. I have over 7K miles on them with about 1K of that being offroad (yes, I go alot). They are a little loud onroad but with a glasspack, I can't really tell the difference. I'm not one of those guys who cares about quiet over performance. It's a truck and a 4x4 at that!

Here is another pic of the front end.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
roverX said:
GriffSC - The Peligreen is out of Red Bluff, California in Tehama County. A lot of nice trails out there. The NorCal club is running Blue Lakes July 23, 2005. Blue Lakes is between Hwy 88 and Hwy 4.
thanks for the info. must've been hot up there... i've always associated Red Bluff with sweltering heat because we'd always seem to hit that area about midday on our way outta CA on family trips when i was a kid. looks like a great area. does it get a lot of offroad traffic?

re: the NorCal club. i visited their site numerous times prior to serg creating this one. how's the group? pretty amiable? i've considered joining, but with a 22-month-old at home and one on the way, i figure it's gonna be a few years before i can really partake in the festivities. you have a son? is that him in the pic? i hope my boys will be interested in wheeling when they're old enough... check that, they HAVE to be interested or i'll sell 'em.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Griff - Red Bluff wasn't too hot when we went. We camped in a little valley so it was pretty cool. Hardly any traffic offroad - actually none off road, only ran into two cars onroad (still dirt road). The guidebook says it is a pretty lonely stretch and it is doubtful you will run into traffic.

The NorCal club is very dormant due to liability reasons. Join up on the yahoo norcal email web ring thingy whatever it is called. A lot of us hook up through there or the mendo reece mailng list (yet to join that one). Are you up for the trip on the 23rd?

Yep, three boys, ages 3, 5, and 10. Anything listed as easy to moderate, all of them go. Anything listed as Moderate and above, only the 10 year old - or if there is camping - the younger two need to be older b/c as a single dad, I like to enjoy some camoing too and I can't do that if I am worried about or running after 3 little boys!!

Yeah, after a few trade-ins, I finally got some that like rovering...J/K!! :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
sounds like a good spot... the more remote the better in my book.

i'd love to join you guys on the 23rd, but july has turned into a busy month for us. seems we have a birthday party or some other obligation almost every weekend, including that one. i think the most i can hope for in the immediate future is a day trip to hollister or something. 'course i couldn't go there either as you may recall from a few weeks ago.

thanks for all the info. :drink1:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Those are great shots! Your Discovery looks mean without the front bumper.

Calling it Black Widow is fitting :D

It would be cool to plan a trip since a lot of us are in the Bay to Sac area. We'll be moving in a month or so, but I'd be down for a Hollister trip. I'd love to learn a thing or two from others in the forum. :drink1:

um... about wheelin', not trading in children :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ibjettin - A buddy of mine live in Sact and he has an 03 or 04 D2. He knows of a riverbed off of 88 that we hope to run in August. When the time comes near, I will post something to let people know.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
roverX said:

JC - I am running a generic version of the Dunlop MudRovers. They were a gift for me for taking care of some family business. I have heard they wear quickly but they are only 109 bucks each to replace, so I am not too worried about that. I have over 7K miles on them with about 1K of that being offroad (yes, I go alot). They are a little loud onroad but with a glasspack, I can't really tell the difference. I'm not one of those guys who cares about quiet over performance. It's a truck and a 4x4 at that!

Here is another pic of the front end.
RoverX,

You should consider getting a re-location kit for the steering damper. I went the D90 route (D90 Cross Rod & D90 Sumo Bars).

The Disco looks great!

·
Registered
130 Posts
"Blue Lakes July 23, 2005. Blue Lakes is between Hwy 88 and Hwy 4."
I an I missed it!!!! Blue lakes junction is only 6 miles from my house!!! :eek:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I got my springs used for $150, bought new OME shocks from EE @ $65 each, the tires are only $109 each - if you order them from down here, I can bring them to you when we install your lift. If you search around, you can probably find used springs. I got lucky 'cuz I knew the fella who had them, but sometimes you can get ripped off with tired springs. Peruse Dweeb for some springs. Just take your time looking for stuff. Call John at 4x4ag and talk to him too. Also check out Red Rhino too. Tell them to beat or match EE prices and they will.

Card board to make a template to trim your rear quarter panels, sawzall blades, sawzall, or a good type of cutting tool.

Just just take your time and get everything you need to do it right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is that near Ebbets pass?
I'll make phone calls tomorrow. I really appriciate all the advice, you guys are more helpful than anyone yet.
My parents own property in Moab utah, 10 miles from the Canyon Lands NP enterence. I cant wait to run some red rock. And this is the best micro brew in utah:
HTML:
http://www.eddiemcstiffs.com/
I can get 2 pint bottles. Your choice. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.