Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up today to a flooding reno; its like the day after tomorrow here. Many roads are closed and have turned into rivers. The main river, the truckee river, has risen to the point where it is overflowing and nearly covering bridges.

This the road to my house....my house is in the background to the left.

Here are the images at the river...they were pulling out trees that were washed down the river so it wouldnt block the flow at the bridge.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: DAMN!!!!!!!!! At least you have a cool rover pic!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great pictures, Josh. It just started raining here (San Bernardino Mtns). People are a bit nervous about slides and debris flows in the burned out areas. I'm hoping it'll turn to snow tonight, but it seems too warm out. I even washed the Disco yesterday, in hopes of getting some first snow pics :)

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Nice Josh! Too bad it wasn't cold enough to snow. Then we could have a repeat of last year! Hopefully it will be cold enough tonight so you guys don't get more flooding, just snow.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You guys' got a lot of water too, hey Josh. I've never seen so much rain and flooded roads as I did last night.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
texasrover said:
Josh... where is the snorkel?

Great pics~
ahh man....I wish..

..Mantec all the way guys....all the way..

roverx said:
Nice Josh! Too bad it wasn't cold enough to snow. Then we could have a repeat of last year! Hopefully it will be cold enough tonight so you guys don't get more flooding, just snow.
I hope....its about 38 degrees out right now... ..before it was a snow like slush-rain, its not really raining out right now.

...if it did snow all of that instead of rain....I believe reno would have been buried in something like 6-7 ft of snow....thats how much it was supposed to snow above 8k ft.

anyhow....we will see.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I hope everything is well with you and your family. Flooding is nothing to take lightly.

On the positive note, that digital camera is getting a workout - you're well on your way toward a job offer with Sports Illustrated... :buttrock:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeh...flooding can be pretty bad. My home's crawl space flooded disabling our water heater, solar system, and radient heat system.....ouch :( $$$

We dont have flood insurace because we kinda live in a desert.....

...the only good news is that we are building a new house and will tear out the old inefficient systems anyway.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
I just saw this thread (I don't know how I missed it), and this makes me wonder; Josh, you would usually get snow instead right? If yes, this would be kinda weird; in Michigan we are used to getting 2-4 feet of snow and instead since it is a unusually warm winter season we got rain, lots of it. It's even more odd, 2 nights ago we got about a few inches of snow (both at my college in Lima, OH and in my home town of Plymouth, MI). Today it all melted with a temperature of 52 degrees! Maybe the climate's changing like in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow". Just like your title. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol!

What made me think of the title was it wasnt just crazy insane for a flood such as this, but there is a line, "Its been raining like this for three days." yup.....oh, and I watched the day after tomorrow the day before.

Yes, we are supposed to get snow, but reno is crazy anyway. Ive got a "reno-first snow" thread on here....snowed more then half a foot and it was DRY a week later......came up into the 60s that next week. Right now its about 29 in the morning and around 45 in the day....last week as high as 55. Reno is just like this....expect nothing. We sometimes get snow in June.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
keptin said:
lol!
"Its been raining like this for three days." yup.....oh, and I watched the day after tomorrow the day before.

Now that's a mouth full of the word "days".:lol: Yeah, weather has changed over the years. Why can't it be normal? Like either give me a good snow or no snow att all. Thats how I see it, or just rain all day and me and my RRC go puddle jumping.:buttrock: :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.