Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this question in a couple of boards, so I apologize if some of you've seen it before...

I am having a heck of a time finding a source for a set of steel 16x7 rims for my 1995 P38. I want to have an extra set for dedicated off-road use, and the tires I am looking at require a 7" rim width. However, the later model Rangies (not the Classics) use an 8" rim. Classic rims won't fit. Disco II will fit, but they also use 8" rims. Not to mention it needs to have a 57mm offset and 5x120 bolt pattern. Is there anyone driving a P38 (4.0 or 4.6) with 16x7 rims that can tell me how they did it?

My only other choice is to mount the tires on my 8" rims anyway. They are technically rated for a 7.5" rim, so there would only be a difference of .25" on each side. Has anyone done this before? How bad of an idea is it?

· Registered
28 Posts
I have 16x7 rims for a P38

I too was specifically looking for these rims as the reduced width does better for snow. These wheels are the original standard UK spec wheels (see www.rangerovers.net discussion of standard fitment tires for the P38). About two years ago I found them on ebay for $40 a rim, so I brought 5. They work great and house the narrower Nokian winter tires well. Mine are not steel, but rather alloys. Atlantic British has the 16x7 steel rims for $379 for 4 (I know full price, but you appear to be somewhat desperate).

I got them from an independent (?) dealer in Florida www.roversland.com. I have no idea whether they have any more, but you might contact them.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You were lucky to find them on eBay...you don't see too many 16x7 rims for sale at all, especially more than one at a time.

But on a brighter note, I may have found the answer. I was referred to www.summitracing.com, and told to pick up some 16x7 Cragar steel rims with a 5x4.75" bolt pattern and suitable offset. Better yet, the rims I found were only $50 each. Not bad. The lugnut holes are too small and would need to be drilled bigger, but hey, I'll take it. It took me several weeks of searching and asking to find this answer, so hopefully it will help someone else in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.