Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have the three amigos currently, and I have scoured the interwebs for the write up that Josh did, seeing as all the links are dead to his old one, does anybody have a copy of that write up saved, or something comparable?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
31 Posts
here you go buddy. hope this helps out. its in the web archive

ABS Mod - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.

takes a few seconds to load. the directions are there with SOME (a few) of the pictures.

:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
had to register on that site. waiting for the "admin" to activate it.

also found another site that might have the pdf version of the fix with all of the pictures., waiting on activation there too. hope they get to it tonight so i can check on them in the morning.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks, Metal, although most of the photos won't load :(
Could you take a look at this one that I was finally able to track down and tell me if it looks to be the same please.

D2BC write up

that one looks pretty close to the original. good find. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah, keep me posted. I did the option B about a year ago.

good luck. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, here's where I am at. I have done all the splicing, got the SV back on, did all my OHM testing (all checked out good). I have it grounded well. The lights are still on though. Hill decent and TC go out for a second when the key is turned to the on position, then come back on; ABS stays on. Do I just need to get the codes cleared at this point? Also, the ABS relay in the engine compartment fuse box is making a beeping noise. Never seen that before. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
31 Posts
if the codes are hard codes. then you would need to have them cleared. It could also be a wheel sensor.

when i did option b. the 3 amigos stayed. then i bought a code readed and found out that my front wheel sensor was bad. once i replaced that. and cleared the codes. they went away except for the ABS light. i started the vehicle and drove a few feet then almost floored it and the abs light went away and hasn't come back since. that was 2k miles ago. knock on wood, lol.

if by chance it is a wheel sensor. I bought mine off ebay new for 18$ for an aftermarket one.
this one the one i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/271118097081

the abs relay usually will run or make a little noise for up to 10 minutes after you close the car door.

If you ever come down to austin, I can read and clear the codes for you. or you might be able to find someone that has a reader in your area.

I bought a IcarSoft i930 for 165$ on ebay. it will read ABS / SRS and SES codes and clear them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you do buy the i930. update it before you use it. it will have more options after updating it. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.