Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a different Sam's Club than the one I normally frequent a couple of months ago, and while I was shopping for the basics (water, drinks, etc.), I stumbled across one of the "automotive" aisles, and stumbled upon these "Wet Okole" type of seat covers. I was being a bit stingy, so even though I thought it was a good deal, I decided to pass on them.

Well, after thinking about it for a bit, I decided to look for the same seat covers online and on Ebay, and to my surprise, those exact seat covers were selling for $80 +, some even as much as $120 :confused [FAWK THAT]. So I decided to go back and get them from Sam's but by then, they were sold out. Even online. :complain:

I went back to that same Sam's Club today, and while there, I remembered the seat covers, so I decided to take a gander and see if they were back in stock by any chance. Well, I'll be damned if they weren't, so I went ahead and got them, and this is how they look:

This are they, and the box. It comes in gray, red, or blue.

It fits the contour of the seat pretty well, and just slips on, and velcro's on the back:

It's obviously not an exact fit as you can see, but they fit well enough

And to prove that they do what they're supposed to do:

Just in case anyone says "Well, how do we KNOW it's water???? :shifty: "

And yes, that is said water pooling at the bottom of the seat. I didn't just sprinkle it on or anything, I poured that sucker out.

The best part of it all? While they may not be the super duper amazing LR Genuine and Certified seat covers, or the bad ass Wet Okole's, these will serve me well in saving the leather some wear and tear, and specially during the summer as I go to the beach a lot, AND they were only $17.14

Yes, the pair of seat covers for around $9 each.

I figured I'd pass this one on.

:drink1:

Edit: I'm a dofus, I forgot the second part of this post:

Like with these, does anyone else know of any good, cheap deals like this? Can be anything, from leather conditioner, to springs and shocks, to headlight bulbs, etc. Just keep it Rover related.

Ivan.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Sweet...thanks...might have to get some..... and tell my jeep buddies

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Funrover said:
Sweet...thanks...might have to get some..... and tell my jeep buddies
Dude..........you have friends with Jeeps..........damn....you need some new F-ING friends....lol
Just kidding it happens to the best of us........even my brother-in-law has a jeep........

4,346 Posts
SCSL posted not too long ago about a pair he found in Auto Zone i think..they have a pocket under the frontal section, and hace another bigger one in the rear part of the seat...I think he mentioned they were like 14 dollars or something like that, and he got them with the green/tan insters so it matched his truck perfectly.

While looking through the Keystone Automotive catalog at work, I stumble upon a page FULLL of seat covers and THERE they were...the same ones SCSL got...turns out I can get them DIRT cheap.

Speaking of which...where the hek is SCSL..havent seen him around in a few days!...LOL...I wonder if his interior has seen snow yet.

· Registered
620 Posts
Wet Okole is the Hawaiian phrase for "Wet Ass." They are awesome seat covers, in my opinion the best. I'm going to Sam's on Monday to see if I can find a set for my Rover - hopefully they have them for that low price, because it's a steal...

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
01001010 said:
SCSL posted not too long ago about a pair he found in Auto Zone i think..they have a pocket under the frontal section, and hace another bigger one in the rear part of the seat...I think he mentioned they were like 14 dollars or something like that, and he got them with the green/tan insters so it matched his truck perfectly.

Yeah, I went looking for those too, except that the cheapest that I found them for was 27 bucks, each.

Bernard, yup, for what they are, they are a steal.

Happy New Years y'all!!!!! :drink1:

· Registered
1,971 Posts
I had a set of those exact ones- they are somewhere in my garage still. They work VERY well... worth every penny.

· Magicly Delicious
1,019 Posts
01001010 said:

While looking through the Keystone Automotive catalog at work, I stumble upon a page FULLL of seat covers and THERE they were...the same ones SCSL got...turns out I can get them DIRT cheap.

Speaking of which...where the hek is SCSL..havent seen him around in a few days!...LOL...I wonder if his interior has seen snow yet.
wasn't he moving to Vermont or something?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.