Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - I took the dive into a 2005 LR3, 4.4 V8, 159,000 miles.

I have read everything I can here and elsewhere and Im hoping someone can help with what appears to be a common suspension issue.

Currently the truck is on the bump-stops on all 4 corners.

I currently use an "iLand" bluetooth dongle to read details into the truck.

Ive replaced:
  • Suspension pump with an Arnott unit (wow $$$)
  • Front and rear valve blocks
  • Right Rear height sensor (had a fault code)
The truck simply wont budge in any way upwards.

After installing the new air compressor and new relay, it turns on and runs about 5 minutes, then a fault on the dash.
  • First time the fault was an overheating situation.
  • Second time after i cleared the faults, it came up with the following fault code under Ride Level: C1A18-64.

Any suggestions on where to look next? Is there simply a ride height calibration needed and then it might function properly? Or is the suspension in some sort of "mode" that needs to be reset since its had so many replacement parts?

Thanks for any help.

·
very disco
2,595 Posts
Who performed the upgrade compressor? An 05 shipped with a hitachi, and to upgrade to an AMK a software update of the EAS computer is required.

secondly, if the pressure is increasing too rapidly, it’s likely that the reservoir valve block isn’t opening, and the compressor is pumping into a wall

lastly, after I deflate and service my EAS, I must perform a “begin EAS activation” procedure on my nanocom to get the system working again. Not sure about your tool though

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who performed the upgrade compressor? An 05 shipped with a hitachi, and to upgrade to an AMK a software update of the EAS computer is required.

secondly, if the pressure is increasing too rapidly, it’s likely that the reservoir valve block isn’t opening, and the compressor is pumping into a wall

lastly, after I deflate and service my EAS, I must perform a “begin EAS activation” procedure on my nanocom to get the system working again. Not sure about your tool though

Hey hello Rev ALC!

I personally performed the upgrade, installed the new pump and new included relay. I saw in the instructions that the software update is needed and I will be heading to my rover dealer soon but I wanted to get it sorted first.

I actually got some good advice from another forum and the answer, so far, was to raise the truck up manually and get the wheels up to approx. ride height and then start her up and let the new pump do its thing. Sure enough that did two things:

1) It allowed me to realise I didn't have the new valve block in the rear properly tightened as I heard some hissing. Problem sorted.

2) The truck is now up and holding its own somewhat nicely now. Though - I still have a the same fault code, C1A18-64 (pressure increases too rapid when filling reservoir). I was hoping that me fixing the valve block leak would have allowed the code to stay cleared but alas, no.

I will take a look through my iLand app and see if I can find this setting: begin EAS activation.

Any other suggestions to consider? Do you think the dealer would have any issue re-programming the EAS if I didn't buy the official AMK from them? I'd bet, yes.

·
very disco
2,595 Posts
I’m sure they’ll do it, but probably charge you an inordinate fee and try to tell you there’s another problem that you need to spend money on!

perhaps you can find a local forum user with a nanocom that will flash your ECU for Starbucks

it’s possible that error is related to the incorrect firmware. I inversely had C1A1364 pressure not decreasing when venting gallery errors on my old RRS and that went away when I flashed the correct firmware after the AMK upgrade. I only mention that because it's a pressure-related code related to an AMK upgrade

I would also strongly suggest that you consider replacing your front air shocks. while the bags may still be airtight, I can all but assure you that the gas shocks inside are toast, and your ride quality will be incredibly satisfying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts