Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '94 Disco, now with snowplow is holding up just fine the lot at my shop is about 400ft by 100ft and the Disco moved 1.5ft of snow from it on two occasions during this past 38' of snow here in Salem, MA. The ZF is holding up just fine at 94,000 mi. The only downside is the sissy Snoway plow blade that is only 16' tall. We will see how it works out.

storms 3
1 6in
1 4in
1 38in

Discos can plow! :drive:

· Registered
317 Posts
billmcweld,
Cool deal! Sounds like the truck is being well used. I had a plow for my series truck that I was going to put on (it was an old beater fisher I picked up for a few hundred) but because of how my driveway is layed out, snowblowing is really a better option...If you have 3 20"+ snowstorms like we had last year you run out of places to push the snow pretty quickly. Now, presumeably at a shop you don't have that problem, since you have a wider lot.

So, what kind of tires are you running on the thing? A neighbor with a plow truck needed tires and I suggested the Bridgestone Deueler Revo AT and he's been *very* happy with them. But really, any AT tire should suffice.

Is this snowway plow hydraulic or is it one of those ones you can't pivot?

Bogatyr

· Registered
1 Posts
More information please???

I have a '95 Disco and would love to fit a plow rig on it...nothing heavy...just for driveways and the like. Could you please give me more info on how you got your plow to fit? What frame did you use...how much modification had to be done? Approx how much did it cost you to do it? All the plow shops are telling me $3500+ without the frame mods (no bolt-ons available). Any info is appreciated.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
joncornell said:
I have a '95 Disco and would love to fit a plow rig on it...nothing heavy...just for driveways and the like. Could you please give me more info on how you got your plow to fit? What frame did you use...how much modification had to be done? Approx how much did it cost you to do it? All the plow shops are telling me $3500+ without the frame mods (no bolt-ons available). Any info is appreciated.

The '94 I put hte plow on was hit in the front when I got it, so I needed a bumper anway. I modifided an old ford winch bumper (cause it was free) and that made good starting point for the plow undercarrige. Then I ran some angle iron back to the two tubes that run perpendicular to the frame on both sides(holds the steering on driver side) so far that has proved to be enough. The up side to the small blade is the I did not have to add any plow lights. Keeping it from looking goofy and having to tie into the dark princes(lucas) light wiring. If you can still get the small snoway blade(fits Samuri) that is what I used, I should be less than $3500. I got mine in a trade for a plamsa cutter(electric torch) so I am not sure of the cost, I would have to look at a bumper not hit to determine the amount of modification it would take. Much carving of plastic may be in order. Hope this helps.

billmcweld

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bogatyr said:
billmcweld,
Cool deal! Sounds like the truck is being well used. I had a plow for my series truck that I was going to put on (it was an old beater fisher I picked up for a few hundred) but because of how my driveway is layed out, snowblowing is really a better option...If you have 3 20"+ snowstorms like we had last year you run out of places to push the snow pretty quickly. Now, presumeably at a shop you don't have that problem, since you have a wider lot.

So, what kind of tires are you running on the thing? A neighbor with a plow truck needed tires and I suggested the Bridgestone Deueler Revo AT and he's been *very* happy with them. But really, any AT tire should suffice.

Is this snowway plow hydraulic or is it one of those ones you can't pivot?

Bogatyr

Yes I have plenty of room to stack snow U should see the 5' banks the disco has made. I have the stock tires on it as they are in great shape. When it comes to tires for plowing thinner and agressive tread is always better. I had a '72 FJ40 with a plow that had wafer thin very aggesive snow tires that would stall the truck before they would spin if you went into a bank to hard. The snoway is a electric over hydraulic plow with power angle.

billmcweld

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.