Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Land Rover Discovery 2 SE. 2002. As of two days ago i had to change the water pump which ended horribly. I was able to get the pump, I had to fabricate a wrench just to loosen the fan clutch. I broke the lower radiator diverter, then nobody had on so i fabricated one out of PVC. Then as i was putting the upper radiator hose cover back in place the upper radiator hose broke also and also needed to be repaired. So that being said i fixed all the hoses, and i have a new water pump. The fan is in the right way. It ran fairly well for about a day and then one of the connections failed and it broke. I drove that way for way too far before i realized how hot my vehicle was running. It started to make crazy knocking noises when we realized what was happening. Now im terrified that i have fried my engine. It runs still. No white smoke, no apparent leaks or cracks in the block. No knocking now that the water has been added and replaced. Its simply just weak. It wont accelerate as if its clogged up or something. I dont know what to do or where to start and i dont have a dime to my name. Is there anyone that might know where to start on this?:nerd

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Oh boy,!
If you overheated it ..... And sound like you did . It is probably big trouble. Could likely be internal damage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.