Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i watched the village the other night and i noticed that the police vehicle is a SWEET defender. back when i first watched this movie i was not a LR junkie but now that i am i appreciate the movie more hahaha! good thing they didn't trash it like the LR in Ace Venture When Nature Calls!! i would have cried!!!

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a bummer!!!

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah wolf i forgot about that important plot point...my bad...but the rover sighting is much more important!!!

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Anyone ever see "007: Tomorrow Never Dies"? Particularly the scene where Bond and the chick are being chased on the BMW bike, in the asian city of Saigon. Ever notice the vehicles are like 97 model year RRCs that are chasing them? Kinda like this one:

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
I was just watching that on, oh what was it; USA, FX, or whatever. But yeah that poor RR or whatever Land Rover it was, gets blown the hell up. It took one for the team. Probably just a body of a Range Rover or something loaded with TNT or something.

·
Registered
302 Posts
the only thing I liked about The Village was the Defenders. Other than that, I hated that movie. I literally sat down and called the whole plot and the twist at the beginning credits.

Have y'all seen Underworld Evolution? The have an RRC with a roofrack, brushguard w/ lights, and lift with what looks like 265's. REALLY sweet RRC.

Talking about Bond movies, which one was the one with Hale Berry? The North Korean General's son (that turned into a red headed RICH Englishman) gets whisked away in a late model RHD P38. If you watch it, you can hear the exahust tone, and man is it sweet.

OH! Unleashed has an RRC that gets flipped over. Playing God with Angelina Jolie has another RRC that's used in a chase (Edit: actually, make that four RRC's that get used in a chase. At the same time.), Into the Blue has a RHD Discovery that's used in a chase and then gets driven into a wall (accidentally). And the last LR sighting that I can remember is... ****, what is it... SNATCH! Tommy and the Turk drive around in a RHD RRC also.

Hmm... and I can't think of any others.

Edit #2: just remembered this one: P38 in SWAT. It gets sandwiched between an 18-wheeler and some other car infront of it. About the only humorous moment is that even as it's being sandwiched, you get to see the suspension fleeeeex, and only 1 tire is off the ground.

Edit #3: I was watching the O.C. back when I was going out with my gf, and there's a ST yellow D90 being used, and the family car is a brand new Range Rover that really gets used (I remember seeing surfboards being taken out of the back).

·
Registered
261 Posts
DiscoTex said:
the only thing I liked about The Village was the Defenders. Other than that, I hated that movie. I literally sat down and called the whole plot and the twist at the beginning credits.

Have y'all seen Underworld Evolution? The have an RRC with a roofrack, brushguard w/ lights, and lift with what looks like 265's. REALLY sweet RRC.

Talking about Bond movies, which one was the one with Hale Berry? The North Korean General's son (that turned into a red headed RICH Englishman) gets whisked away in a late model RHD P38. If you watch it, you can hear the exahust tone, and man is it sweet.

OH! Unleashed has an RRC that gets flipped over. Playing God with Angelina Jolie has another RRC that's used in a chase (Edit: actually, make that four RRC's that get used in a chase. At the same time.), Into the Blue has a RHD Discovery that's used in a chase and then gets driven into a wall (accidentally). And the last LR sighting that I can remember is... ****, what is it... SNATCH! Tommy and the Turk drive around in a RHD RRC also.

Hmm... and I can't think of any others.

Edit #2: just remembered this one: P38 in SWAT. It gets sandwiched between an 18-wheeler and some other car infront of it. About the only humorous moment is that even as it's being sandwiched, you get to see the suspension fleeeeex, and only 1 tire is off the ground.

Edit #3: I was watching the O.C. back when I was going out with my gf, and there's a ST yellow D90 being used, and the family car is a brand new Range Rover that really gets used (I remember seeing surfboards being taken out of the back).
There's like 20 New Range Rovers (MkIII?) in Oceans 12.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.