Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of the idea of posting some links in the classifieds section(with permission of Serg of course) to some rare-colored Discoveries series l and ll and some Range rover classics for the potential buyers and future landroversonly members :bgreen: so they can have a chance to grab some rare model ones at first.I'll try it tonight and see how it goes.
Thanks,
Carlos :wave:

·
Registered
62 Posts
A fellow who lives down the road from me owns this '73 Rangie. It was converted to the camper in '73 in the UK and then driven, literally, all over the world...in 1976 Tom was on layover at LAX when he spotted it in the auto trader...he phoned the guy and canceled his flight....he bought the truck on the condition that the seller deliver it to the East Coast, with the regestration dealt with. He did and once Tom received the truck he drove it all over North America, up through Alaska etc. It sits in North Hampton, NH now, with his other Rovers. Everything works, even the capstan winch. The top works Westfalia style...Please excuse pic # 12 as that is his oil burning '93 RRC....

More pics here... 1973 Rangie Camper

It's not for sale, but it's pretty damn cool.

RJ

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
That is pretty fun.
I looked at those pics and then the "Live Free or Die" hit me. New Hampshire.
What is it with the rust up North? That just blows my mind.
I hear they salt the roads. I guess I am thankful we are mostly dry here on the plains and we can't afford to "salt the roads". We're actually lucky if they sand the roads when the ice comes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
OkieRover said:
That is pretty fun.
I looked at those pics and then the "Live Free or Die" hit me. New Hampshire.
What is it with the rust up North? That just blows my mind.
I hear they salt the roads. I guess I am thankful we are mostly dry here on the plains and we can't afford to "salt the roads". We're actually lucky if they sand the roads when the ice comes.
Yeha we salt the roads here and we live right on the ocean LOL!!!

That truck is never driven in Wnter so it's in amazing shape.

We bought an old Land Cruiser down in Normal Oklahoma....Got a '75 FJ55 from Charlie Blankenship at Sports and Classics....

RJ

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
TOZROVR said:
We bought an old Land Cruiser down in Normal Oklahoma....Got a '75 FJ55 from Charlie Blankenship at Sports and Classics....
That's where I got my Rover. My hometown is just 7 miles west of there in Newcastle and I live in Norman now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
In oz my disco is a bit rare its a Rossignol 3 door fitted with V8 auto and in that model year there was only 200 made and they came out in 2 colours only and had the special pin-striping

Adam :beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts