Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what anyone else has used and if it improved MPG at all and what sounded the best?

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
You likely won't get any mileage or power gains - the best MPG (and power gains) will be had from keeping a clean air filter, ensuring your 02 sensors are functioning well, using good (93 Octane) fuel, keeping your tires inflated, and practicing mechanical mercy by accelerating and decelerating calmly and avoiding rapid throttle inputs.

That said - any quality exhaust manufacturer (Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Borla) should produce a good sound - it's the nature of the Rover V8. You may have to remove the resonator upstream of the muffler to ensure the best sound - but any exhaust shop worth their salt should be able to fab up a decent section of straight pipe. Keep in mind that this mod would cosmetic only, and having to listen to constant exhaust drone gets old REAL FAST. Not to mention that the cops love to give fix-it tickets for overly noisy mufflers.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Why are you in such a hurry to replace it, it is stainless steel and won't rust. If you are looking for a little better sound, cut of your resinator, sounds much better with out it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try that Mike. I just want a bit better sound, I like to hear a bit more of what my motor is sounding like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts