Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and she loves to get wet, muddy and have a good time!

Cheers

Geobloke

· Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John Strazzari said:
no offence but a Toyoto could cross those puddles.
Wow scathing! No worries mate, was not intending to proves LandRovers undisputed abilities over all other brands with these photos. :dunno: Just wanted to introduce Eva to you all and show you some of the stuff that we get up to. :drive:

So pull up a computer chair and enjoy the pics for what they are, a guy in his Defender having a good time, nothing more nothing less! ;)

Cheers

Geo.

· I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
With a tag like that I'd name her Kiowa. Like the fierce Native American tribe of the plains.

Thanks for the pics. Are those pics what you all call "greenlaning"?
I always wondered what that term meant.

· Registered
222 Posts
Yep, the 3rd pic and the last 2 look like 'greenlaning' to me. The others must have been taken at a dedicated off-road site or an open day at a quarry.

'Green Lanes' are simply public roads in the UK that the tarmac machine missed in the 1930s when most of the roads out in the country were made suitable for cars.

Many are very, very old routes going back 2000 (or sometimes more) years. Some such as the Peddar's Way and The Ridgeway (probably the two best-known) were once huge, long-distance routes but have been lopped about over the centuries so that only about 5% of the ancient network has vehicle access by law. This is where all the conflict with off-roaders and 4x4 users comes from in the UK.

Green Lanes are wierd- only 4x4s can drive on them, simply because they're muddy and bumpy, but they're classified as any other road- some appear in street atlases and your car needs to be taxed / MOT'd/ insured to legally drive them.

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Very intresting History lesson, Thanx!!

I would like to see more of the Lightweight that kept following aswell!!!

· Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moeras said:
Very intresting History lesson, Thanx!!

I would like to see more of the Lightweight that kept following aswell!!!
So would I! However shortly after going through this very muddy puddle it gurgled to a stop, the owner jumped out and lifted the bonnet/hood and swore! Wet points! The leightweight was running a V8 under the bonnet, sounded gorgeous, and was towed away! Poor sods!

The pictures, mud puddle and bow wave were taken at the LROi Driffield show last May on their off road course.

Geo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.