Registered
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahahaha...I knew someone would say that. :D

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Griff, As much as i would like to say I know the expression. I have no f-ing clue what that means. I don't if thats compliment or a sarcastic comment. Let me give you my explanation of that saying after a few more liqour drinks. Im sure i could come up with something.....lol.... :D

I hated these LR3's until I drove one when we were about to order one. I have to say i don't like the way LR is going with the vehicles (getting away from their values) but after driving one and having one i really think they have some potential off road, but mostly the only off road they will see is a dirt road....once in a while.

On a side note I wish my D90 had the brakes that the LR3 have....

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John C said:
NICE!!!

Uh, you better remove that sig line, 'cause bling CAN get my ass out of mudholes..... hahahaha
I know how my dad is and that will probably never see a dirt road....Thanks for the comments

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Sweet ride, I hope your dad enjoys his new truck. You are gonna have to take him 4 wheeling so he will appreciate it's abilities.
I considered the new LR3 long and hard before getting the RR. Personally I think they did a great job with the new design, and I can't wait to see the new Defender design based on that platform.
Good luck with it bling-meister general.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
WCURoverD90 said:
Griff, As much as i would like to say I know the expression. I have no f-ing clue what that means. I don't if thats compliment or a sarcastic comment. Let me give you my explanation of that saying after a few more liqour drinks. Im sure i could come up with something.....lol.... :D

I hated these LR3's until I drove one when we were about to order one. I have to say i don't like the way LR is going with the vehicles (getting away from their values) but after driving one and having one i really think they have some potential off road, but mostly the only off road they will see is a dirt road....once in a while.

On a side note I wish my D90 had the brakes that the LR3 have....
sorry, WCURover, just got carried away there. it was meant to be sarcastic, but not to offend. truthfully, i do see myself growing to like the LR3's over time, but i doubt one will ever end up in our garage. hope you and your dad have fun wheeling, assuming he's willing. :)

btw, if you ever develop an abscess, you should go to the doc immediately. if you don't and it becomes necrotic, you're screwed.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lshill05 said:
Sweet ride, I hope your dad enjoys his new truck. You are gonna have to take him 4 wheeling so he will appreciate it's abilities.
I considered the new LR3 long and hard before getting the RR. Personally I think they did a great job with the new design, and I can't wait to see the new Defender design based on that platform.
Good luck with it bling-meister general.

My uncle got a new Range Rover and he does not like it. I don't know for what reasons but I guess he just doesn't have true rover pride... :D

On a side note his RR was Shaquille O'neals but Shaq turned it down at the Rover Dealership in Florida for some reason and my uncle bought it. Just something interesting.

Griff, I get what you mean....I have had my Defender for 2 years as of July 4th, 2005 and when my dad told me he was buying an LR3 i was kind of like "whatever, do what you want," but when i went and test drove one i was impressed, not by there off road capability but by the ride and comfort. I never thought i would want one in our garage either but after i drove one i fell in love with them.

I also think that LR/Ford have moved away from the original values and gone to a more corporate image. You have the Range Rover and the LR3. Not being rude but it seems that most people do not like the freelander. Land Rover/Ford has def. gotten away from their values and it now seems that we will be seeing more street friendly 4x4's with a little bit of true off roading capability...Its sad but its what the market wants and we "true" off roaders don't want this new kind of vehicle unless theres something in the market with us. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.