Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the interior, on the tranny tunnel, is a little plastic hook near the passenger footwell. My wife claims it's to hang her purse. Of course she doesn't have purse in her entire wardrobe that would fit there.

Frankly I don't care what she hangs there except I'm all about proving again that she has no inclination of things mechanical. Of course this is not difficult to do which she readily admits. But unless I have a fool proof explaination for the dang thing, she at the present moment, has the upper hand.

Could someone be so kind as to point out where in the owners manual is the actual use of this thing, or if possible, a reasonable use for this hook other than to hang one's purse.

· Registered
222 Posts
In the UK this device is called the 'curry hook'- because it's perfect for hanging the bags that takeaway Indian meals come in! :D

I have no idea what it is actually for- I think the Rover Group accidently bought up a job lot of 'Miscellaneous Interior Plastic Hook # 56363671' and had to get rid of them some how.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jozg44 said:
In the UK this device is called the 'curry hook'- because it's perfect for hanging the bags that takeaway Indian meals come in! :D
Well, we're getting a little closer to the reality. I was about to hand her the keys and go sulk in the garage with my tools if we couldn't do any better than itty-bitty trash bags and purse hooks. Next thing you know there will be a dried flower arrangement hanging there.

So far I have considered:

1. A hook for the beer opener.
2. A bungee connection to somewhere.
3. The driver's side one fell off.
4. A thing to hit your head on when changing CD's.
5. A footrest when plunging downhill.
6. An attachment point when taking off the tunnel cover.
7. A donut holder.
8. An error on the assembly drawings, it should be where I can hang my hat.
9. Modern art.
10. A Cadillac or Benz doesn't have one.

I need help here!

· Registered
251 Posts
I could'nt find a description of the hook in the owner's handbook but it does show up in the picture showing the "Facia Controls" (page 28). There also appears to be a blanking cap on the opposite side of the tunnel. Perhaps this is an optional extra for two of these things.A Double Bagger

· Registered
108 Posts
What year Disco? And can you take a picture of the hook? I don't have one on my '98, but now I want one! I need a good place to hang my wet shoes and socks.

· Registered
10 Posts
I bought a 2004 Disco the day before this past Christmas.
The salesman told me about that little hook - he said it was for hanging a trash bag - and it cinched the sale. So why doesn't Rover throw in a trash bag - or a curry takeout for that matter?

· Registered
135 Posts
Disco, where do you get your S&W's from?, I hope they are not the illegal short barrel type, we don't want the anti-gun lobby to get there knickers in a twist over red neck LR owners. Remember shoot straight and shoot tens! :buttrock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.