Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the list of repairs I had on the Disco (Keep in mind it has only 16400 miles) this week:

- Oxygen sensor
- Major oil leak
- ABS system failure
- Rear wiper arm replaced
- Fuel door latch replaced
- Horn button replaced (I was driving down the road and the button shot out of the horn and out the window onto the highway)
- Transmission slipping (Still diagnosing the problem)

They did tell me that I need new brake pads in the rear, and said it was a mere $255 to replace them. I think NOT.

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Thank God for warranty!

Can't believe you only have 16 turns on a 2003.. unreal.

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
02disco2 said:
Thank God for warranty!

Can't believe you only have 16 turns on a 2003.. unreal.
I am thanking God for the warranty for sure...I'm picking it up in the morning and will be checking on purchasing an extended warranty...

As for the mileage, my rover was my father-in-laws for a year before I bought it off of him. He drove it like 4000 miles for that year in Hawaii...

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OkieRover said:
I wonder if your truck was completed after lunch and after the assembly boys had a few?
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
:drink1:
You're probably right, OkieRover, they probably went to the pub and drank 10 pints of Newcastle for lunch....Then built mine right after...

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
bernardmann said:
You're probably right, OkieRover, they probably went to the pub and drank 10 pints of Newcastle for lunch....Then built mine right after...
So think of it as..... "You have a spirited Rover" :D

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
nothing uncommon for the oil leaks. especially sitting

the abs is probably a module or pump. we have been getting abs shuttlevalve codes and the first thing we do is clean the grounds and see if it comes back on. if it does its one of two things. the slabs mod or the abs pump.

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
beezel said:
the abs is probably a module or pump. we have been getting abs shuttlevalve codes and the first thing we do is clean the grounds and see if it comes back on. if it does its one of two things. the slabs mod or the abs pump.
I just picked it up from the LR dealer, they said they ran diagnostics and it came back negative on everything. They said the computer didn't even show the lights had come on....

I drove it all the way home and the lights didn't illuminate once...how wierd.

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, day two of having my Disco back from the dealer and I get in and fire it up, take off and when I stop at the end of my street, "Bam" the TC, ABS, Brake, and HDC failure lights come on.

How irritating... :complain:

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
Its the shuttlevalve problems.

They are annoying as hell. They will come on an off at random.

but if it came on it would have thrown a code. if they cleaned it by some chance then they will have to install a new mod or pump.

call them up and reschedule an appointment.

Trust me I know how you feel. My first one with that problem threw me for a good one because it came on when the customer picked the car up.

And make sure they test drive it to make sure the problem is fixed.

· Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks beezel. The Disco is already sitting at the dealer waiting for them to arrive in the morning. I'll call them first thing and let them know what you said...

Although it's quite irritating, I know vehicles are not perfect...plus I love rovers so much, I tend to forgive the small things...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.