1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would personally prefer to order them from OEM parts distribution, I do not believe for the price these are OEM, can't be. In some cases Chinese knock offs are entering the market, I can't say about what your looking at. My suggested sources would be, british4x4outfitters, lucky8llc or landrovermerriamparts in no particular order. I don't know BP Utah.. but if it's OEM it''s OEM. The last time I ordered them, this is what I got;

LR028245 - Lower cntrl arm Right 1 $222.24

LR028249 - Lower cntrl arm Left 1 $222.24

Last price check from where I ordered them they show 247.50. If your doing the work yourself, and want to spend the time, I have a used OEM set that need bushings from an 05, uppers and lowers. The best best is replacing the arms, and perhaps hold the old ones. There are also aftermarket bushings that are supposed to last longer. You will find those special order most likely under the polybush listing at lucky8 or give Justin a call. DO NOT order RED, you want OE stiffness which I think is orange.

Expect to do an alignment when you are done, most likely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would personally prefer to order them from OEM parts distribution, I do not believe for the price these are OEM, can't be. In some cases Chinese knock offs are entering the market, I can't say about what your looking at. My suggested sources would be, british4x4outfitters, lucky8llc or landrovermerriamparts in no particular order. I don't know BP Utah.. but if it's OEM it''s OEM. The last time I ordered them, this is what I got;

LR028245 - Lower cntrl arm Right 1 $222.24

LR028249 - Lower cntrl arm Left 1 $222.24

Last price check from where I ordered them they show 247.50. If your doing the work yourself, and want to spend the time, I have a used OEM set that need bushings from an 05, uppers and lowers. The best best is replacing the arms, and perhaps hold the old ones. There are also aftermarket bushings that are supposed to last longer. You will find those special order most likely under the polybush listing at lucky8 or give Justin a call. DO NOT order RED, you want OE stiffness which I think is orange.

Expect to do an alignment when you are done, most likely.
Thanks for the info.

I got a hold of a indy shop that will do the labor for $450 that includes the alignment. I think I'd prefer the LR dealer to the the alignment though.

I've also read about people using the range rover sport arms as they are the same and the bushings are more heavy duty and used in the armored LR3's. I've been looking for those part numbers as well with no luck. Just not sure what year to look for in those.

I have done a lot of work on my own and have a compressor with air tools but not sure about the ball joint. Thats the only thing that scares me at this point.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think going to the armored, and doing it right is a lot more involved, but I can find you the part numbers maybe. Personally I would go with the Polybush, but you probably need to do them all to do it right.

When I did mine, the polybush only had red which is too firm and there were a lot of complaints, so I didn't go with them. So I ordered what i ordered.

I thought the dealer was the way to go for an alignment, I was wrong. I went to a local Brake Check, and they had a new state of the art Hunter and it did the best alignment I've had to date, which was a lifetime alignment for 130.00 vs 200 at the dealer per shot. Call Around!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think going to the armored, and doing it right is a lot more involved, but I can find you the part numbers maybe. Personally I would go with the Polybush, but you probably need to do them all to do it right.

When I did mine, the polybush only had red which is too firm and there were a lot of complaints, so I didn't go with them. So I ordered what i ordered.

I thought the dealer was the way to go for an alignment, I was wrong. I went to a local Brake Check, and they had a new state of the art Hunter and it did the best alignment I've had to date, which was a lifetime alignment for 130.00 vs 200 at the dealer per shot. Call Around!!
The main reason for the dealer over indie/other type of shop is the way the alignment is supposed to be done. I will definitely check around!

·
1,854 Posts
Poly bushings the right way to go.
Dave

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.