Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my abs codes read and this is what I got.Connectors c504,ecm,c637 (b) Open Circut-c637/34 (RG) to c504/4 (RG).Could the shuttle valves be my culprit and is the shuttle valve rebuild worth it.Where you solder new wires in and ground one and hook the other to yellow and green wire.Or should I just by a new one with valve O"rings.Thanks in advance any help is much appreciated.We just got this rover and love it.I need to pass smog to complete reg and can not with the p1590 present.:beer:

·
certified idiot
694 Posts
generally that code means something is messing with your abs sensors in the wheel hub. The gap between the reluctor ring and the sensor is not seen as constant and is giving a varying signal.
here is a good article on cleaning them
The ABS sensors / P1590 | Discovery 2 V8 - A budding enthusiasts story

If that doesnt work or works for a short time only it probably means that you need to replace the hub that causing the problem because the bearing is going out.

It shouldnt affect your smog clearance - at least around seattle it doesnt. try to fill in your location in the control panel it is helpful to know where you are!
cheers
Barri

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
generally that code means something is messing with your abs sensors in the wheel hub. The gap between the reluctor ring and the sensor is not seen as constant and is giving a varying signal.
here is a good article on cleaning them
The ABS sensors / P1590 | Discovery 2 V8 - A budding enthusiasts story

If that doesnt work or works for a short time only it probably means that you need to replace the hub that causing the problem because the bearing is going out.

It shouldnt affect your smog clearance - at least around seattle it doesnt. try to fill in your location in the control panel it is helpful to know where you are!
cheers
Barri
Thanks:buttrock: So the code is referring to a sensor and not shuttle valves and cleaning them might help.This rover did sit for 5 years in with snow session ever year not much snow in last 4 only being stared not driven.I had a inspection done while they read the codes said rotors had excessive rust on them. :beer:

·
certified idiot
694 Posts
Thanks:buttrock: So the code is referring to a sensor and not shuttle valves and cleaning them might help.This rover did sit for 5 years in with snow session ever year not much snow in last 4 only being stared not driven.I had a inspection done while they read the codes said rotors had excessive rust on them. :beer:
Sorry I thought you had got those connector faults from the read code. You really need to get the LR codes for the problem - the connectors you posted are for the wheel hub sensors and their electrical connectors. A scan of the ABS system with a land rover scan tool or abs amigo or hawkeye, autel 619 (or similar) will give you an abs code that will tell you exactly what the code is. If you looked up 1590 and then posted the connectors "Connectors c504,ecm,c637 (b) Open Circut-c637/34 (RG) to c504/4 (RG)"
from reading what code 1590 could be - then they may be your hub sensors or bearings or they could be something totally different in the ABS system as P1590 is generic. You need to check the actual land rover code as P1590 is just a rough road code indicating an ABS problem.
cheers
Barri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.