Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put $800 in my engine after the intake gasket failed on me also a bad coil and needed new battery. Now all that is left on my dash is the three amigos!! Should I just leave them alone or go to a land rover dealer and get it fixed or those of you who have had this issue resolved has it been the same problem? thanks

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
3 amigos is about as common as it gets on these trucks. Numerous possible issues.
If you are relying on the dealer to fix it be prepared for another substantial bill.
Need fault codes to know what you are dealing with. If you can get codes, do some research on here. There is lots of self help available but codes will be required.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Getting the ABS codes read is sound advice, but if you don't have access to a device to read them and don't want to pay close to a hundred bucks for a shop to read them I'd just go ahead and do the Option B fix. It may not solve the problem but for less than five bucks, a little solder and heat shrink tubing and an hour of your time it's worth a try. The circuit board defect is only one of eight or nine things that can trigger the Amigos but it's one of the most common.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.