Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, today was an AWSOME day for me... I saw three of the coolest Land Rovers I have EVER seen in person!

In this order...

1 - ExMod Series III 109 SoftTop. The couple inside were obviously enthusiasts, so I didnt hesitate to honk and wave, they both happily waved and we rode together for several minutes. I must say that they had it in mechanically tip top shape. That thing was EASILY doing 50 there and I could barely hear it.

2 - This is a Coniston Green / White Top D90 I saw about 3 minutes AFTER riding along with the ExMod. I saw this thing in my rear view from WAYYYYYY ahead. As soon as I saw the shape and the light config. plus the lights on the brushbar, I new it was either a Defender or a built up G-wagon. As it approached (I actually slowed down do it could catch up) I saw it had an ARB Bumper with winch, CB ant. Hellas, then I saw it was one hek of a pretty gal driving it. I hesitated to honk, and its a good thing I did. As she passed she didnt even look out the corner of her eye at me. I saw more gear in the back...air tank, shovels, etc. She's not from around here though, since the tags we're FL tags.

3 - as for the third, im SOOOO sorry guys but its not even worth posting because All you can see is the reflection of my arm on the wheel after it got dark and i didnt turn the flash off nor did i put the window down... A late 90's P38. Its what I believe, if my memory serves me right, an Overfinch model. It was yellow, kinda like the XDs. and it had what looked like a billet grille, but besides the paint I didnt see any other body-styling ques. As I walked besides it, the windows were too dark to look through to see if it had the matching yellow leather seat inserts, confirming it's an Overfinch.

What A DAY!!!!

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Sightings! Especially how close together they were!
I know man, I couldnt believe it. When I saw that D90 riding up on me I couldnt believe it was happening! The only D90 I know of down here, I always see sitting infront of its owner's house and never on the street. I saw the Exmod while turning left onto US1 and that one was WAYY ahead of me. As soon as I saw the rag top and the color, I almost fainted...I really couldnt believe it! The OFP38 was seen about an hour later. I was walkin out of the pizza place my buddies and I were in and I immidiately left them to see this thing! WHAT A BEAUTY!

LOL..here's what the pic looks like...taken while leaving the parking lot...

and yes I already noticed...my window's a bit dirty...lol

I dont even know which one it is in that pic there. I think the tail lights of the truck are the ones under the right side of my hand

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Cellular arrest I am getting jealious..You have a lot of swet rovers

· Registered
249 Posts
Were you coming home from Sir Pizza? Lots of Rovers out nowadays. I saw 3 yesterday also. I saw 2 normal Mk III 4.4's a p38, and a built Disco. Wait thats 4(someone can't count). When I drove verry slowly by the disco, my girlfriend looked at me kinda funny. Well thats my story, great rover sigtings.

· Registered
908 Posts
Overfinch P38,hmmm nice. well just two days ago I just founf out one of my neighbours down the street has what I believe to a white 110. Im going to check it out soon and maybe have a chat with the owners

· It's all about my Blue Balls!
2,109 Posts
wow! I only see discos here.... I would love to see an old series somewhere!

· It's all about my Blue Balls!
2,109 Posts
pickuprover said:
Come to London... hell might even be able to let you drive one...:D :D

Seem to remeber you saying something about liking long rides....... :D
Oh don't tease me like that:) I would love to have a nice long ride in the tin turtle!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.