Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a throttle body heater leak and found this high quality unit online

I installed this and it's really solid looking. If anyone knows of an equal or better replacement feel free to post a link. This was the best I found.. and looks really solid. It comes with a silicone gasket, clips, and new hoses.

Total cost with shipping and taxes was $120.00 - but the unit is supposed to be good for life.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I thought you lived in a warmer climate. Why would you want a throttle body heater. People pay good money for COLD air intakes and you want to spend money to actually heat up the air entering your motor. Makes as much sense as most of the mods you want to do.

·
Expert Crate Digger
242 Posts
My TBH leaked, I bypassed it, never had icing of the throttle body without it, never looked back.

Not to mention this TBH is in Canada so they will try and rape you on import tax.
3 years ago I bought a $400 synthesizer from eBay Canada and had it shipped to Smyrna, Georgia. Canada wanted $99 in import taxes for the purchase. I didn't pay and they hounded me like the mob wanting their money. After 2 months I finally told them I could only afford $50 and they accepted it so I paid it online. I never heard from them again.

·
Drives like an old man
405 Posts
I did this job a couple of weeks ago. I live at 6000', so icing is a real possibility. I paid $28 for my kit (original LR part) and it took about 30 minutes to do. My instinct was to just bypass but as I said, it does sometimes get cold here. Of course, it gets hot here, too, so I may regret my decision.

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought you lived in a warmer climate. Why would you want a throttle body heater. People pay good money for COLD air intakes and you want to spend money to actually heat up the air entering your motor. Makes as much sense as most of the mods you want to do.
I like to go up to the mountains during the winter. The temperature is 9-19 degrees. Sometimes with heavy snow. I also don't want any "poor mans fixes" on my Rover. Lets face it - most people plug off those hoses because they are broke. That's the real reason. With this item you will never have to fix it again. This thing is larger and more solid than the stock heating element plate with a silicone gasket. Very solid. Looks great in the engine.

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just plug the lines and be done with it.

Oh wait. You can add this to your list of mods!
The signature line on this website isn't long enough to contain all my mods.

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did this job a couple of weeks ago. I live at 6000', so icing is a real possibility. I paid $28 for my kit (original LR part) and it took about 30 minutes to do. My instinct was to just bypass but as I said, it does sometimes get cold here. Of course, it gets hot here, too, so I may regret my decision.
Yes but you will have to replace it again. This was my 3rd (or 4th?) replacement. I didn't want anymore repairs on this. I purchased the Britpart $20 kit on Amazon before I found this one so I have a new one to give away if anyone wants it. The main TB gasket (the big one) is also recommended replace. I got a Beck Arnlay gasket and compared it to the BritPart and it feels of better quality.

·
very disco
1,417 Posts
@WLADiscoII99
There’s no need to place such emphasis on the cost of goods. Also, I sincerely doubt that people bypass because they’re broke.
Bypassing an unnecessary system that’s prone to failure sounds like an improvement not a cop out to me.
It’s easy to overpay for crap and underpay for quality. To me, it sounds like you’re doing it wrong. There are many options between cheap britpart and excessively expensive aftermarket.

I would venture to say that your truck may not be worth the sum of its parts by now lol

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I like to go up to the mountains during the winter. The temperature is 9-19 degrees. Sometimes with heavy snow. I also don't want any "poor mans fixes" on my Rover. Lets face it - most people plug off those hoses because they are broke. That's the real reason. With this item you will never have to fix it again. This thing is larger and more solid than the stock heating element plate with a silicone gasket. Very solid. Looks great in the engine.
Do you realise how cold it would have to be to freeze metal to metal while the engine is running (the engine will still idle even if the throttle body was frozen). Your talking Siberia type cold, not a trip up into the mountains.
But as usual your last few words describe why you do any of your mods "Looks Great in the engine"

·
Expert Crate Digger
242 Posts
Reactions: reverendALC

·
Drives like an old man
405 Posts
Look, everyone, this WLA clown is a troll. He has no Rover; can't even produce a picture of it. And who in the hell would buy a throttle body heater because of its looks? Only a vacuous, simplistic empty-headed moron or a troll. I'm doing him the favor of assuming he's a troll. See how nice I am?

·
very disco
1,417 Posts
Not to mention it looks stupid! Their logo is stamped on it and looks like some crap a grade schooler doodled, as well as their phone number.

·
very disco
1,417 Posts
Maybe a new forum section called “useless nonsense” and only allow him to post there so that future readers will know to disregard without requiring genuine forum members’ involvement to set the record straight

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you realise how cold it would have to be to freeze metal to metal while the engine is running (the engine will still idle even if the throttle body was frozen). Your talking Siberia type cold, not a trip up into the mountains.
But as usual your last few words describe why you do any of your mods "Looks Great in the engine"
Look, everyone, this WLA clown is a troll. He has no Rover; can't even produce a picture of it. And who in the hell would buy a throttle body heater because of its looks? Only a vacuous, simplistic empty-headed moron or a troll. I'm doing him the favor of assuming he's a troll. See how nice I am?

Here here Mr. Plastic Coolant Tank,

This Throttle Body heater is obviously superior to all others in the marketplace AND it looks better. Look at the photos where they are compared side by side and tell me I'm wrong.

It's larger. Better designed. And made of higher quality materials. Duuuh!

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe a new forum section called “useless nonsense” and only allow him to post there so that future readers will know to disregard without requiring genuine forum members’ involvement to set the record straight

How is posting about a superior product and writing about it "useless nonsense" ? Set the record straight with what? A $20 Britpart ?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
This Throttle Body heater is obviously superior to all others in the marketplace AND it looks better. Look at the photos where they are compared side by side and tell me I'm wrong.

It's larger. Better designed. And made of higher quality materials. Duuuh!
How did you determine this?????
You can't actually see how the coolant travels through the unit, so you can't see how the heat is transferred from the coolant to the heater. Also what transfers heat better, brass or aluminium? So there is actually no way to determine whether it works any better from the photos, but most likely it will be worse due to what it is made from. You just reckon it looks better, so you are just making up stuff to justify purchasing one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts