Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A ticking sound just started this morning somewhere inside the dash in my 90. It sounds similar to the turn signal, but isn't. I was running the wipers at the time. The ticking continued after turning off the ignition.

What gives? Any help from you braniacs would be most appreciated.

Thx.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Griff......did you find out what it was????? curious.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Other wiper question

Is there a way to set the rotation range on wipers? I rarely use them, but I noticed that last time I did, the driver's side came in for a bit of a rough landing as it returned to the bottom of the windshield on every stroke. I am worried that the constant battering will damage the wiper or the weather stripping at the bottom of the windshield.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Wet your windshield, turn them on and shut off the ign when the wipers get to the top of the stroke. Get out, take off the wiper arm, and push it back on the post so that the blade is just touching the edge of the windshield (top,side of frame) If they over-run on top and bottom of stroke, it generally means that your quadrant gear, and likely, the cable too, are worn, so that ther is slop in the mesh between the quadrant and cable. It's a couple hour job and some medium dash dissassembly.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
GriffSC said:
why, did you plant a bomb in there? :eek:

i'm gonna check it out tonight if i can get to it. at least it stopped for now.
WEEEEELLLLL.... :shifty: the truth is i've been having a little QC problem with my fuse mechanisms..........If I don't hear from you I'll just assume the issue worked itself out....... :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Griff, I can't offer a solution, but my first D90 did the exact same thing once in a while. I never did figure out why, but (other than being a bit annoying) it never caused any problems.
If you do find out what causes it, I'd love to hear about it.

Regards,
Art Vigil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.