Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's the skinny, 01' D2. all is well, however the time clock has no
ilumination, during day you can barely see time digits. at night nothing , thought that dash panal dimmer was down but still no time clock light,
the time is working just no backlight :confused

is this light replaceable? or is this short for some kind of code?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Had the same problem, I had my rover for 2 years before questioning if the clock ever lit up :D .....there is a super tiny bulb that is behind that clock that gets fried.

here is a link online http://www.roversnorth.com/RRD04/RRD04_69_72/RRD04_page71.htm ($4.95), go here or www.atlanticbritish.com otherwise you will have to pay around $8 for it at your dealer.....though it might be worth it. It seems as though they might have switched manufacturers or just an updated bulb because the new one was in a tiny green housing and the old one was connected to a black housing.

Anyhow, use a creditcard or something and slip it under where the clock and door lock button is.....you might have to slip it on the sides too....I forget exactly. Wiggle it a bit and after a bit of a fuss it should come out.......hehe probably not before you hit the lock/unlock button a dozen times trying to get it all out. Its easy to damage the "fuzzy" tape surrounding the clock/lock assembly, just be careful......if you damage it just flatten it out with your fingernail.

It will come out like this....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.