Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

Had a nice trip out to Badlands OHV park in INdiana this weekend - bent both bumpers, both door sills (Need rock sliders) and killed a power steering pump.

Not to mention filling my underwear :D

· Registered
165 Posts
That's one of the highest 3-wheeler shot I've ever seen in a Disco, nice!
any more pics?
and not of your underware...

· Registered
734 Posts
02RhinoRange said:
That's one of the highest 3-wheeler shot I've ever seen in a Disco, nice!
any more pics?
and not of your underware...
Me too..............

Too bad about all of the bent stuff........but hey, now you can get some new gear. :drink1:

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Very nice....I love the 3-wheeling shoot, that's awsome

· Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Want to know the CRAZY part - if you look hard for the shackle that was hanging from the hitch ... its pointing UP in the picture meaning the rear is on its way down in the pic :eek: :D

I was told by the guy taking the pic that she was not even ON the back wheels at one point. Kudos for the girlfriend on not getting out - even though I gave her the option of not riding down there. :buttrock:

Not bad for a bone stock Landie (well - apart from the electric fans)

· Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not a heep, its a Suzuki Samurai.

The Samurai that was not lifted much and had slightly taller tyres didn't have as hard a time. There is something to be said for not straying TOO far from stock sometimes.

He didn't have his wheels turned down slope enough, so when he put his clutch in when it started to go over ... the front didn't roll out and stop it.

· Registered
60 Posts
Nice pics...

You look like you had fun day out!

A few things I noticed on your truck though...

..and I hope you are open to a few suggestions.

If you are going to do this sort of thing - why not take off the front spoiler for greater approach, loose the silly plastic sills (this will give you 2" more rock clearance) then they can't bend and crush your doors! You would have much more articulation if the anti roll bars came off and lastly the tow bar makes a perfect anchor to help get you stuck!

Just a few thoughts and feel free to shoot me down!

Cheers,

Mark HH

· Registered
60 Posts
Badger1 said:
Black Magic, great shots especially the three wheel shot...wow!

MarkHH does removing the side sills really give 2" more clearance! If so I think I will have to look into removing them. Thanks!
Hi Badger,

If you get under the truck and look you'll see that the polypropolene (I think) skirts are about 2" deeper than the chassis that they bolt onto. (Cheap plastic rivets actually)

I took mine off becuase I figured if I catch one it will distort, twist and bend a door skin - I think they are purely cosmetic.

When I took them off some of the wing on all for corners had coroded under the plastic - I had to screw and cable tie them back to the chassis.

Lastly if I remember correctly - it's a one-way opporation when they come off they'll be mangled and won't go back on! But I mentioned in one of my other posts "ground clearance is everything" and I expect nothing $$$ for my truck when I've finished with it!

Have fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.