Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try to put on a new timing chain kit from typical Land Rover places, such as AB, and have a ton of slack in the chain?

Did one today and it is horrible. Even egg shaped loopy?

In that regard, is there a double roller set out there that would do the trick....

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
The "Dynagear" chain I got with the kit I bought from Miami British was VERY stiff compared to the OEM chain.

For a simple comparison, the OEM chain was like a watch band. Easy to fold over on itself and bend in any direction. The Dynagear was like a tank track - it was impossible to get the two sides to touch. It fit without any issues and there's very little slack when installed, so I imagine it'll keep timing dead on for longer compared to the original unit. Only worry I have is that the tightness might hurt the cam bearings in the long run.

No double roller chains exist for the "short nose" cams. It wouldn't work with the cam position sensor nor does the timing cover have enough room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.