Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Any 1 attempted to tint the curved windows in the roof in the cargo area. I was thinking of putting static tint up there I have all my others done and wanted to do those Let me know if ya all attempted it and results .

Thanks Eric

·
Registered
60 Posts
Better late than never...

Hi, I tinted all my widows perfectly with the film - but as you know the "Alpine" windows are a pain - ney, impossible!

In the end I cheated and sprayed 2 coats of gloss balck paint on the inside - youcanstill see out of them and from the outside they are perfectly black!
Have a look at some of my truck pictures in the new threads...

How did you do it?

Cheers, Mark HH

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got done tinting my Disco. I went the quick, cheap route because I wanted to keep cool on our upcoming trip to Florida and I needed the cash for gas. I got the film on sale at Auto Zone and the whole job didn't turn out too horribly bad for costing $30. There are a few bubbles here and there, but you only notice them if you get real close. The alpines turned out a little more bubbly, but its hard to notice from their position up there. It might hae turned out better if I used horizontal strips up the window, but it was hot and I was tired of dealing with the windows at that point. My only regret is that I should have gone with a darker tint for the alpines. It's 20% for all but the front windows and it looks great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.