Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could aid me in letting me know of major issues associated with a used 100k-125K mile LR3 I would appreciate any suggestions.

I have read about a number of issues at the gas shocks does this occur after a certain number of yes/miles? How much does this cost to repair or replace?

Also I have read of transfer case issues. What is the cost for a repair? Does this occur at any year or number of miles?

When test driving what are some tips to be aware of that there may be a problem? What on the vehicle should I inspect for major off-road abuse?

Thanks

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
I would recommend having any vehicle purchase closely inspected first, and by someone you trust. with a Land Rover someone who knows land rovers for sure.
Do some local research for someone knowledgable and discuss it with them before you pull the trigger.

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
By gas shocks I'm assuming you mean the EAS, or electronic air suspension. The air bladders can crack and cause leaks, the valve body can leak, and the compressor can wear out. Very few transfer case problems, more differential problems in the earlier years of the LR3. During test drive make sure every switch, button, light and feature works. Make sure no lights or warnings are indicated on instrument panel. Check the control arm bushings. Check for all maintenance records. Most importantly have it inspected by a LAND ROVER repair shop, not a local mechanic that works on everything. A normal repair facility won't have the computers to read all the ECU codes. They won't know all the stuff to check that usually fail on the LR3.

Colin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.