Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST BOUGHT A 1999 DISOVERY II AND WAS CHECKING MY TIRE PRESSURE AND NOTICED THAT THE RECOMMENDATIONS WAS (28 PSI) IN FRONT AND (46 PSI) IN BACK.

IS THIS CORRECT AND DOES ANYONE DO THIS. COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHY THERE SHOULD BE SUCH A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE FRONT AND BACK TIRES.

THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSE,
MARK :drive:

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
Yes, that is what the book recommends and every time I bring my truck in for service that is one of the first things they check. Not 100% sure why, but it drives better with that setup.

· Registered
186 Posts
I just bought new tires and ended up looking in the owners manual and found that 46 psi is recommended for when the vehicle is at maximum GVW. If opperating at normal conditions the recommended pressure is 38 psi. It's still a bit of a difference but not as much. The door sticker only listed the 46 psi for the rear and 28 for the front. Mine also is a 99' Sereis II and the info was on page 178 of the owners manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.