Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, new participant with a 2013 LR4 purchased new. I just had to have a tire fixed due to a nail in the tread causing a slow leak. After having the tire repaired my tire pressure warning light went on. Tire dealer tells me this is normal due to removing the wheel and it will go off after 40 miles. So I called Land Rover who tells me that at a dealer they would have been able to eliminate the warning light but that my tire dealer can't. Is this true? should I worry? About to go take a 300 mile drive tomorrow.....

thanks,

David

·
Registered
217 Posts
Personaly, I would check my pressures and ignore the dealer. TPMS sensors are universal and will reset themselves, may take a little longer, but dealer, because of people like me, who do there own work, need money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi again. after living with it for 3 weeks, I took the beast back to the tire dealer. Not a dealer dealer, but a tire store. Within 10 minutes they fixed whatever it was, and I drove away. Warning light is off again. I do check the pressures manually on occasion, and will continue to do so. They were gracious, apologized, and fast. Good people.

And I agree with you; dealer service departments are thieves. Absolute highway robbery. It always amazes me that I keep going back to the same people to buy cars after the service department has stolen from me for years. But you have to buy cars from somebody....

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
A well equipped tire dealer service department should have a t.p.m.s tool to reset, relearn pressure sensors after a tire replacement or service. Glad to hear you were able to sort it out

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
As redtruck12 stated, a TPMS reset tool is needed on some vehicles. Some reset themselves within a minute or two of driving, some require a tool (looks like a handheld diagnostic code reader) to reset. Glad they got you taken care of.

Colin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.