Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly no one has the OEM Michelins any more. I went to the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo IIs.
So with this in mind.
How do you run your tire pressure on the highways?
Do you follow the recommendations on the inside of the door?
Or do you just air them all up the same pressure?

·
2,986 Posts
get some chalk, draw a straight line across the width of the tire, and drive on some flat surface for a little bit and check.. if it is wearing in the middle, you are overinflated, if you are wearing on the sides more then you need more air.. do it until it evens out

·
2,986 Posts
Yeah I know, but thats just what the perfect tire pressure is.. personally, I run a little bit lower than the door recommendations (I think I'm running 32/38 right now on my DII)..

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
32-35 pounds.. depending .. in summer once you have been on the road your tires will heat up an have more pressure anyway.. If you like better gas milage go with 35-38 pounds, but this may cause uneven wear to the center of your tires and will also make your tires grip less...

·
Registered
622 Posts
OkieRover said:
Mostly no one has the OEM Michelins any more. I went to the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo IIs.
How are those Revo II's working out for you? I was set on some BFG's but after talking with a guy at the Rover dealer today, as well as reading all the reviews on Tirerack.com, I'm leaning toward the Revo's.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
on the road set I am 32 -38 range
on the off-road set:
30 -35 (to the trail)
12 - 18 on the trail

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I run 40 psi all round in my BFG mud terrains and air down when necessary. I find 40psi gives me perfect wear overall as well reasonably good stopping ability in the wet or dry. Certainly better than at lower pressures.

·
Registered
40 Posts
40psi

I agree with Disco I run 40psi alround for highway use and drop to 18 for sand { we've got a lot of it in Perth } was told by a tyre tech that the pressures on the door are a bit low and set that way to give a plusher ride. Also find fuel economy is improved with them at 40.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Tire pressure

I agree with Disco, 40 or so in my BFG 265 MT's gives me the best fuel mileage, better tread wear, at least 40,000 miles a set. Off the road I run at 18 #'s, any less when crawling on the rocks and I tend to roll the tire bead and drop one of the front tires.
Mike J.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Geez...my Remmingtons are rated to 60# but I run them at 50# on road. No uneven tread patterns or wearing. Still look good after 15K miles and the abuse I have put them through. Hmmmm....maybe I need to air down a wee bit???!!!???

Offroad...between 20 - 25# depending on how much I am carrying.

·
Registered
707 Posts
34-36 at the moment 265/75/16's good so far

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.