Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel a bit silly asking this question... but here goes...

LR recommends running 28 PSI in the front tires and 41 PSI in the rear tires on 205R16's.

Why is this?

I'm running 225/75R16's that state clearly on them to run 65PSI. My mechanic and all the other men in my life think I'm some silly girl that doesn't know what she's talking about, and I have to admit.... THIS TIME....

I'm not sure I do.

Can anyone explain and/or recommend to me what I should run for tire pressures?

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
i run both 35- 40......as long as they are in that range i am okay

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Gillah11 said:
I'm running 225/75R16's that state clearly on them to run 65PSI.
CAREFUL!! That's the MAXIMUM pressure... the pressure listed on the side wall of a tire is always the MAXIMUM pressure you can run.. DO NOT run 65PSI!

2,687 Posts
x3!! :)

Get some chalk and draw a line across your treads and drive a little bit.. if it wears evenly its properly inflated.. if the line fades in the center more, it is over-inflated, if it fades on the out edges the pressure is too low

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
rmuller said:

Get some chalk and draw a line across your treads and drive a little bit.. if it wears evenly its properly inflated.. if the line fades in the center more, it is over-inflated, if it fades on the out edges the pressure is too low

That is great advice! rmuller you haven't done any autocrossing have you? :rellye

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all of you. I'm running 28 in front and 41 in back just like LR recommends... I just wanted to be able to defend my choices more confidently (and make sure I wasn't missing something obvious to everyone else)

It's everyone else and their "air hoses" and threats of "airing up" my tires when I'm not looking that got me second guessing myself..

Appreciate all the input!

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
rmuller said:

Spoken like a true autocrosser...

· Registered
139 Posts
all the PSI, same.

I have two all wheel drive cars, this RRC and a yota 4x4. Rover, of course is the only "firm" that would say 28 psi front and 41 rear. You are setting up for a limp front and mushy rear.

The limited slip diff will be working harder as you will be running different circumferences between the front and rear. Premature wear in your diff is a great predictable return to the dealer.

32-35 has never steered me wrong.. including that chalk approach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.