Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it might sound like a dump question but, at the dealer they told me that they don't rotate tires.

Is it because it is not necessary or they just don't do it at the dealer.

If so, what's recommended: how many miles? what is the proper rotation pattern? Are you supposed to re-balance them after rotation?

I have a '01 D2 SE7 with ACE and 18's HP Wranglers; I bought it certified with 30K miles. Now I have 38K miles on the odometer.

Thanks

Figman :wave:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Figman said:
it might sound like a dump question but, at the dealer they told me that they don't rotate tires.

Is it because it is not necessary or they just don't do it at the dealer.

If so, what's recommended: how many miles? what is the proper rotation pattern? Are you supposed to re-balance them after rotation?

I have a '01 D2 SE7 with ACE and 18's HP Wranglers; I bought it certified with 30K miles. Now I have 38K miles on the odometer.

Thanks

Figman :wave:
I'm pretty sure all tires need to be rotated (unless maybe you drive a tractor). Check with a Goodyear dealership or local tire shop. I think the normal rule of thumb is about every 6000 miles. You should also have your tires balance checked at the same time. Both will help you get the most out of your tires.

·
Banned
527 Posts
:dunno: I guess it never made sense to me to rotate tires on an AWD vehicle.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
My Talon is AWD , and they say to rotate tires .

What I did with my car was that I keeped the Left's on the left side and just swaped the front with rear . I had directional tires on the car . And I rotated them once a year . Winter tires for winter , and then sumer tires with nice rims for half of the sprinf sumer and fall . So I rotated them when I was swaping the wheels for the season.

Also I have independent suspantion and the rear has some camber and tow-in , so the rear tires wore out a bit on the inside ( to many hard AWD launches 0-30mph in less then 2 sec. :) ) .

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
you need to do them on the disco every 6000 miles. Otherwise they will cup and wear out WAY faster than they should. My dealer even told me the same bit of info. I found out the hard way on my first set of Good Year HP's, but in all honesty, I couldn't wait for those tires to burn out so I could get a set that didn't suck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dealer told me not to rotate the tires also. He said it was because of the way the 4 wheel drive works. Insinuated that the way it wears it better for traction. I haven't listened to him and I have rotated the tires anyway. Sure hope it doesn't screw things up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.