Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an opportunity to get a screaming deal on some Toyo Open Country MT tires but not sure if the size will work. I have a 2003 DII with 18" OEM wheels with an 40mm (2 inch) Old Man Emu Lift. Looking to buy the following:

Tire Size 33X12.50R18LT

Will they work? Looks like the width is more than other guys have used. Mainly for looks. I understand the loss of power and gearing issues. Dont off road that much. If they would work, what would I end up having to trim?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I run 275/65-18 Goodyear Duratracs, it comes out to a 32.1 inch tire. I just got the lift put on yesterday but with a 33" seems like it'd be pretty close!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
No, the 12.5" width will not clear the body without a 3" lift and body triming. Also, the diffs and axles will not hold up to that large a tire unless you also went to lockers for the heavier spiders. You gas mileage will drop by nearly 2 MPG in town and your low end torque will be shot.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Trimming for sure. I know a guy who had like 33inch tires with 21 ( I think ) inch rims. He's averaging 9-10 mpg. He babies it also. He had no lift though and it rubs a lot. With a 2 inch on 33s it won't rub while driving that much, offroad it'll rub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.