Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i am running a 3" OME lift, what is the largest tire i can run without having to trim? can i run 33's or is 32 the largest? and what is "the best" off road tire to run on a DII....i am thinking about BFG all-terrain's....any advise?

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
From what I have seen a TRUE 31" is the largest without trim on a diso... That is because at full flex the rear will hit..On my RRC i had to trim a little with 31" but I also have offset steel rims...

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i run a 265/75 R16 BFG which measures a little over 31" do you think i will have to trim?

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I think you will be okay! If you stay with the rover alloy rims it will tuck...... If you go with any more offset it will just barely touch.....I do believe you will be okay.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Drum you will have to trim this for sure, assuming you are refering to your disco II (in this thread: http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5102)

I am running 265/75-16 BFG M/T's, to be able to turn my steering wheel I had to trim the inside fender guard-things to about half way up the bumper so it would clear them under full articulation and trim the lower edge of the bumper a bit, otherwise, there are no other modifications required.

As you can see in this last picture, the tire is forward a tad in the wheel well, that is why you have to do the trimming. Also note that on very tight cornering the tires will rub on the control arbs a bit, but there is nothing you can really do about it.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.