Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Dan,

I run a 31.5" tire (BFG AT) on my 96D1 with a 3" AG lift. I pushed out the bottom of the quarter panel with a mending brace to clear the tire, if not they will rub at full flex.

On my 95 D1 I run a 2.5" +25% SR lift with the same size tire (mud terrain).

You will also need to adjust your steering stops in the front.

You don't need a body lift to clear that size tire but you do need to trim or "push out" the bottom of the rear quarter panel.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
37 Posts
Width will play into this. Are you thinking 265/75 or something like 235/85? Both are in the neighborhood of 32". I know many people who run 235/85s with a 2 or 2.5" lift (OME HD), but for a wider tire like a 265/75 or 32x10.5 then rubbing will be more of an issue.

FWIW, I run 245/75 (~ 31") with the OME HD lift. Had rubbing in the rear, then moved out the rear panels similar to how John C suggested along with some minor trimming, and now I don't get the rubbing at full flex. I'm considering changing tire sizes once I wear out this set of BFG M/Ts, so let us know how it works out. I think many of us are always curious about what tire/lift combos we can achieve...

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tires

yeah i'm thinkin about something in the neighborhood of 32x10.5" or 265x75 thats what i had on my 2000 durango, i sure do get annoyed with these metric tire sizes though. i want that size plus a 3" OME lift with extra heavy duty springs in the rear and heavy duty springs in the front, cause with all the stuff i load when i go hunting/ camping or just whenever i go out it makes the rear droop. but yeah i'm thinking about them 265's but i dont like any cutting so i guess the 235 is my only option. and about the body lift, is that too much if i go for another 1"?

· Registered
1,506 Posts
There is no 3" lift from OME. You don't need to cut anything...just pull out the bottom of the rear quarter panel.

· Registered
386 Posts
what exactly is the bottom of the rear quarter panel and how do you pull it off

· Registered
1,506 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
thanks for the pics....but what is the actual process of doing that?...could i do it myself or should i have somebody do it

· Banned
907 Posts
265/75 is a nice size tire. I have a 97 with 255/85's that run with no problems. It's about an extra inch, so it's really not a big deal, but can be nice at times with that extra 1/2" clearence.

FWIW, I can put you in touch with a guy selling a set of Interco MT's, 235/85's, 2k miles off of a series truck..... Tires still look new. Located in VA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.