Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
:wave:

It's been a while I am looking for an All terrain tire for my 2005 LR3, which is used mostly for city drive, but being in East coast we do get hit with bad weather (SNOW/SLEET).

After reading various forums and feedback from users I narrowed down my search to the following three (in order of preference):
- NOKIAN WRG3 SUV
- PIRELLI SCORPIAN ATR
- COOPER ZEON LTZ

After calling alot of tire shops, I am not able to find any of these. Later I dropped the coopers out as read a forum where users reported alot of tread wear after 20k miles.

My current tires are Michelin 4X4 Synchrone which lasted me good 50K+ miles and they still have good amount of tread on them, just the walls start to show signs of graining.

Now after further research the only option I see (which is available) is the
Bridgestone Dueler H/L ALENZA PLUS
but for this tire I could not find any reviews from Landrover or Rangerover users.

:help
All the forum members please help shed some light on these tires (or others) and help me decide the tires before the winter season kicks in. My tire needs:
- City/road driving only (Not very high speed - max 70-75 mph)
- Traction for heavy snow and sleet

Thank you in advance to everyone contributing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the Dueler H-L Alenza's before and I can say that they are ok. Good traction and handling in light snow. Never tried them in heavy snow though. The reason I bought them is that 4 wheel online offered me a good deal. I got around 50k out of this tire.

·
1,818 Posts
I have the Nitto Terra Grapplers and they have been outstanding!
Dave

·
1,818 Posts
for heavy snow winter tires

·
Registered
3 Posts
It seems Jax is looking for 19" tires. Cooper Zeon LTZ are the only ones I can find in that size, but they don't make them anymore. Any other 19" options out there for tires good for off-road?

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
ATTURO Tires makes a 255/55R19 in their Trail Blade MT great tire for me so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got Nokia Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV studless snow tires for my LR4 and love them. I spend a lot of time going from the city to the hills in Vermont and they have performed very well. Come spring I'll get a set of summer tires and switch these out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I run Goodyear Duratracs on my Classic, and just installed Cooper Zeons on my L322 (255/55r19). Coopers are noisy compared to the Pirelli Scorpions I ran, and the Duratracs are noisier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just had Cooper Discoverer A/T 3's 265/65/18 installed on my LR3. They have a nice ride, low noise, and good looking tire. I'm pleased with the off road traction too. All around great tire!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts