Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... i've got a 96 Disco SE with stock tires ( Michelin XPCs ) and i gotta say i love'em... i live in South Florida where the rainy season can make for some fun mud drivin... ive been stuck in mud with those before ( let a buddy drive...big nono) and i got us out without winch or ladders...im tellin you, those tires are great. BUT...im getting ready for a 3000 mile road trip from tip to tip, Miami, FL to Washington State. I was lookin into the BGs All-Terrains. First off, will those fit without suspension tweaking, and for those who already use them on Discos, how bad did they affect gas-mileage? I would stick to the XPCs but im afraid i've become a little too confident with them and am pretty sure ill run into some obstacle along the way they cant handle or terrain im not familiar with so i want to be ready for that.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Well to start off with, what size tire are you wanting to change to? If you are happy with the size you already have, you only need to find a brand in that size, and you won't have any fitting issues. If you are looking for bigger tires, then get back to us with your ideas, as this is a very knowledgable forum. FWIW, Michelins came standard on my 95 and were adequate. I now run BFG all-terrains on one of my discos and BFG mud terrains on the other. Personally, I think it's a better tire.

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha!

HAHA!...oh man.. im sorry....yess i was interested in keeping the stock tire size ( 235/70R16 ). Wow that's cool, yeah i've heard to much about those BFGs...especially down here in Miami, EVERYONE has an H2 now...the all-terrains come stock on there.

· Registered
108 Posts
Are BFG AT KOs available in a stock tire size for a DI? Or at least in a size that will fit on a stock DI w/o lift? When I check the BFG site, they tell me they don't have a tire for my vehicle, and recommend Michellins. What's up with that?

· Registered
1,744 Posts
It's possible that you are using the "tire selection" facility on their website. This will generally not tell you much. Go further into their site and look for "All-Terrain" tires. You tire size will definitely be there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.