Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to buy a TJM front bumper/bullbar...does anyone have experience with these? are they simply bolt on or do any mods have to be made to mount the bumper. and are there any recovery points on the bumper without having to pay extra for them? if you have a TJM...do you like it? pros and cons please!!!

·
2,986 Posts
Yeah I got one.. simple bolt on, I installed mine myself, which I don't recommend.. get 1 other person to help you lift it.. its a beast..

Are you getting the winch tray with it?

As for recovery points, the real only way to do it, is to use to two hooks on the side of the winch tray.. expeditionexchange.com has a good write up on this..

Some negatives.. approach angle isnt as good as it is with something like rovertym or safarigard.. the winch tray hangs kinda low and gets filled up with water/mud if you do a lot of crossings like that.. if you hit it hard from the bottom, the whole bumper will shift, which you gotta unbolt and fix..

I still prefer it to say the ARB and DAP .. but my next bumper will either be a custom one, or a RoverTYM most likely.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was thinking about a rovertym bumper and now that you have said you point i may change my mind back to rovertym. plus they look real clean and classy i think!

·
2,986 Posts
TJM is nice just because it kinda maintains a stock look.. but if you wheel a good amount.. rovertym is the way to go. I've had my TJM for maybe a year and a half now and I'm almost ready to get rid of it and go with a rovertym A-bar bumper.. (Or Scorpion Racing if they ever finish the D2 Bumper)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.