Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Rick Lindsay said:
M (2.71828) R^2 (1/y)^-1
(X^2)^1/2 (Force/Acceleration)
Ok I'll explain, just to prove I did get it....
M + [ e (2.718281828 is 'e') ] + [ R^2 which his RR ] + [ 1/1/Y which is Y ]
[Square Root of X Squared = X ] + [F/a which is mass ]

So our friend said: "Merry Xmass"

MW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Actually it should have been

M (2.71828) R^2 (1/y)^-1
(X^2)^1/2 (Force/Acceleration) - S

...to get rid of the excess "S" at the end :))

MW

PS I am an engineer by training and the originator of this post is very probably into engineering and/or physics as well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
mwillems said:
Actually it should have been

M (2.71828) R^2 (1/y)^-1
(X^2)^1/2 (Force/Acceleration) - S

...to get rid of the excess "S" at the end :))

MW

PS I am an engineer by training and the originator of this post is very probably into engineering and/or physics as well!
I'm not an engineer and don't even own a train! :D

Merry Christmas to all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am humbled by the folks who got or even worse, appreciated my holiday
wish. And yes, I am a physicist. I appreciate the correction, as well. The
addition of the ' -S ' at the end is the difference between physicists and
engineers. The physicist got the theory right while the engineer got the
right answer! :-]

Happy Holidays to all!

rick in-tulsa-with-a-pile-of-car-projects-over-the-holidays
'99 GMC Suburban
'98 BMW 318ti
'96 BMW 740iL
'96 Land Rover D-I
'94 BMW 325iS
'79 Ferrari 308GTB
'76 MG Midget
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Rick Lindsay said:
I am humbled by the folks who got or even worse, appreciated my holiday
wish. And yes, I am a physicist. I appreciate the correction, as well. The
addition of the ' -S ' at the end is the difference between physicists and
engineers. The physicist got the theory right while the engineer got the
right answer! :-]
then the tradesmen looks at it and says.. stupid engineers complicating the issues... why didn't the just say merry x-mass!?!? ;)
If you're wondering i did enjoy it though, very cleaver
happy holidays all
take care
sam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dent said:
then the tradesmen looks at it and says.. stupid engineers complicating the issues... why didn't the just say merry x-mass!?!? ;)
If you're wondering i did enjoy it though, very cleaver
happy holidays all
take care
sam
Actually, you make a VERY good point and I'll try to stay off my soap-box.
Here in the States many folks tend to look down on tradesmen or anyone who
works with their hands. That is just wrong on SO many levels. It's also why
we can't get funding or respect for trade schools! We have this mentality
that says, "Anyone who didn't go to college and become a 'professional' is a
looser." ...which is elitist BUNK! And yes, my wife works with kids with
learning differences and I have ADD. Oh look! A chicken! :-o
And it is obvious that one just needs to match the skills to the job, not the
preconceptions to the egos! :-]

But enought of my raving. Now where can I store this box until next time?!

Thanks again Sam, for posting a much deeper issue than my joking holiday wish.

Rick physicist-who-works-with-his-hands-at-every-opportunity Lindsay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Rick Lindsay said:
Thanks again Sam, for posting a much deeper issue than my joking holiday wish.

Lindsay
didn't mean to make a deeper point, was just having some fun.. stay on your soap box, makes it a humours board :)
take care
sam
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top