Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been contemplating converting my Rangie to a HCPU and wondered if the 130 bed wouldn't fit well on the 100" chassis. Too bad you didn't get a picture of that - I would be really interested in seeing a real one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been contemplating converting my Rangie to a HCPU and wondered if the 130 bed wouldn't fit well on the 100" chassis. Too bad you didn't get a picture of that - I would be really interested in seeing a real one.
If you made it into a single cab then used the bed off the double cab 130 it *might* work but WHY? You'll end up with a massive rear overhang, a Ranger sized ute tray, and seating for 2. If I was in the states I'd have an F250 or similar to do chores in. Do you have any reason not to keep your rangie as it is? IMO hybrids are great when you have two vehicles...one tidy ali series body with a buggered engine and rotten chassis and one rangie/disco with a rotten body but a tidy chassis and nice V8. That way you get an aluminium beast that murders offroad and a nice classic look. One of my favourite conversions is a Defender 90 body onto an unmodified 100" chassis. The wheels are right on the corners so you can practically drive up to a vertical brick wall, hook on the winch, and climb right over it. The ultimate offroader if there ever was one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't do it for the utility - mainly for the look and to have something unique. EVERYbody here in Texas drives an F-250. Way too big and bulky for me. And common. Did I mention that? :) I would love to have a 130 double cab here, but that won't happen for a while. Even when they are old enough to import, my guess is that it will be cost prohibitive and difficult to find a left hand drive version.

·
Global British Inc
45 Posts
Or like this - ive almost completed over winter - debodied a good 98 shortened the chassis to 88 slammed on a 88 truck cab body and made a sub frame with integrated rock sliders holding the body level, trucks on 15x12x 35's with front/rear ARB's duel alternators & Optimas, Offenhauser intake & Edelbrock carb straight thru pipes and everything else is checkerplate - trucks called Yippekyaye and will be seriously thrashed this summer - even has a gun sight from a WW2 Sherman Tank :)

Dom

Land Rover Salvage

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i just finished my landrover rangerover v8 100" hybrid i thought i could just change the body type on the log book but no i have to take it for a sva test and fill out a form for a new id all i want to do is drive it . all i done was weld on to outriggers to take bulkhead and a series 3 crossmember then cut about 5" off rear tub

·
Global British Inc
45 Posts
Hi i just finished my landrover rangerover v8 100" hybrid i thought i could just change the body type on the log book but no i have to take it for a sva test and fill out a form for a new id all i want to do is drive it . all i done was weld on to outriggers to take bulkhead and a series 3 crossmember then cut about 5" off rear tub
Glad i left the UK heard all abort that SORN business when i left, here in Ontario its a lot easier they dont care if its V8 or Diesel, coil conversion its all on the basis of the VIN so if its older & has a serial number even better.

For mine i just ressurected the vin a quick appraisal report $150 & the $37 fee and then went nuts with whatever i could cobble off the racks there's bits litrelly from all models 59-2004 on it.

Lol i know you'll laugh when you here the annual road tax is $75 bucks and petrol's a whopping $0.79 a litre hence why i dont want diesel

Small wonder the place is filling up with fed up Brits :)

Dom

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has anyone done a soft top defender 100 hybrid? I've always seen them as a SW or a truck and not sure why. Wondering if there is some reason that that conversion is easier or something. Anyone with pictures?

Cheers, Josh

·
Registered
1 Posts
100" Defender - D100X

I have converted a 1991 Range Rover to a 100" Defender which is nearing completion. Happy to share photos and information. D100X.

·
Super Moderator
2,153 Posts
I have converted a 1991 Range Rover to a 100" Defender which is nearing completion. Happy to share photos and information. D100X.
Please share any build pictures you have. Would love to see what you have done

21 - 31 of 31 Posts