Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
they're awsome, for urband life, anything other than city cruising,I dunno' if I would even take it near a puddle lol. I had the chance of seeing the first one at the Charlotte, NC dealership a couple weeks ago, it was nice, but seemed alot smaller than the regular RR, but still badass :buttrock:

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I just picked up my brand new 05 RR. The reason I chose not to get an 06 is because I plan to have this truck for some time and I really wanted the bulletproof BMW engine and trans. I'm just not convinced that ford was able to re-engineer the truck and get it right the 1st time around. I really hope that the Jag engines work out well, I just didn't want to be the first to find out!!!!
If you get it let us all know how it works out.

· Registered
4 Posts
me too!

i wondering too about getting a superchargeand selling my 2003, i heard those jags are always in the shop and german enginnering is far superior than the british made jaguar, no disrespect or nothing.i also heard the engine going in the 2006 rr has been around longer though. i thining about waiting to see how it turns out. But dont want to be a guinea PIG a fat one at that 93k $ticker price. :dunno:

· Registered
4 Posts
The trany is of the same designer as the trany in the M62 powered range rover. Both are ZF's. The new AJV8 powered Rover gets a 6spd ZF trany. This is the same trany used in the AM DB9 if I recall.

I would honestly venture to say (despite being a BMW nut and aficionado) the new V8 will be as reliable as the BMW unit. The Jag engines have now been out for about 10 years or so, and the early problems have been ironed out in the Jag XJ series run.

That said the question remains whether the build quality will remain up to German levels. But the design is good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.