Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I live in Bend Oregon. I need some help fixing my daughter Presley's Discovery 1. It does have some codes P1375 P1316 P1374 P1314 fresh plugs and wires I put new coils. misfire and sometimes runs it is clears out mostly is is not really going much of anywhere. Is the cat clogged and causing this run ablitly issue?

·
very disco
481 Posts
Hi Todd,

What did you pull those codes with?

Can you clarify what the disco is/isn’t doing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bosch reader. when first statrted it runs good for a bout a minute then runs like it is on 7 driving it around some more almost feels like it it trying to 'clear out' and runs good for a few moments then it is back to crap?! the speed sensor is also disconnected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am considering cleaning out/replacing the cats? I don't have a smog test here. Will that help the p1316 and the p1314? with the new coil pack i was hoping to address the P1374& P1375. Is the crank sensor suspect here? This is our first rover. Thank you very much in advance!

·
very disco
481 Posts
Did you replace all coil packs?

Try pulling your new plugs and seeing if any are fouled already.

Also you can check the cam sensor visually, and drop the access panel and inspect the wheel. Might not be the issue tho.

Have you checked injectors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced the coil as a pack
I will check the plugs. feels like some times very rarely it runs on 8 but mostly the throttle is just 'mush' How can I check the injectors and what should I look for?

·
very disco
481 Posts
oh sometimes i forget whether vehicle has coil per cylinder or coil pack.

i have no good way to test injector on the bench, but you can swap injectors with cylinders that aren't missing and see if the problem moves with the injector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts